• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How- To" Replace cabin filter

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 14, 2013, 01:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Originally posted by 01SportWagon

How To:  Replace cabin filter in a Ford Flex (2010)

Time: about 5 min
Parts: Motorcraft FP-68
Tools - none needed.  You might need a long screwdriver or pliers to pop retaining clip on filter cover.  It is just hard to get your hand in the back to lift on clip tab.  But it doesn't take too much pressure.

Step one - Empty glove box

Step two - Open glove box past rubber stops by pressing in on the sides as you rotate out.

Step three - Remove damper (key hole on left hand side)

Step four - Rotate glove box full open

Step five - Locate and remove cabin filter cover

!!! - DO NOT GET ANY DEBRIS IN THE BLOWER MOTOR - !!!
Step six - Remove and replace cabin filter (pull straight out and move around under dash obstacles)
-Notice air flow goes top to bottom or 'Down' -
!!! - DO NOT GET ANY DEBRIS IN THE BLOWER MOTOR - !!!

Step seven - Replace cabin filter cover

Step eight - Replace damper - gently pull round end out past front of dash board and reinsert in key hole

Step nine - Rotate closed and pull in sides to clear stoppers
Step ten - Put your stuff back in glove box and close

Notes:  This job was so easy my 6 y/o did it for me while I took pictures.  However, I noticed an air flow direction on the stock filter, but the replacement filter did not have a direction.  The direction had an offset of the filter paper/pleats from the side rails.  The replacement filter was centered on the side rails.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SD13SHO

I just followed your instructions and it was very easy, as noted. However, the filter I purchased from the dealer (Motorcraft FP-68) did not have an air flow directional arrow. In fact there was no mention in the instructions about top or bottom. I placed the filter with the part number right side, as the old filter, with the arrow on it, had readable parts numbers right side up.  Anyone else run into this and if so what direction did you install the filter?
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

MTaurusSHO

Same for 2013 Taurus SHO?
2013 Tuxedo Black Non PP SHO
AirAid, LMS Tuned, Plugs and T-Stat.
2002  MMM Z28
F1 Procharged 408ci