• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

log

Started by Fmrfordmastertech, May 05, 2016, 07:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fmrfordmastertech

log
here is a log in sport mode...not sure if I am spinning after the 1/2 shift of the "slam shift" Am i feeling the ptu or trans. shudder? I see it in the vehicle speed after shift...take a look
2013 linc mkt ecoboost

SHOdded

We'll wait for AJP to chime in :)  But, at a quick glance, I see load exceeding 2.0, while fuel pressure is dropping as load climbs.  Since your MKT is 2013, I would check for any DTCs set in the PCM, particularly related to fuel delivery.  There was the recall for the FDM etc. ...
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3836.msg67873.html#msg67873

Boost pressures also very high?  Mid 20's ...  Sticking wastegate would be primary suspect there.  Torrie tuned, right?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Fmrfordmastertech

Yes, Torrie tunes. rev5 or so?

No faults in pcm. i will look into fuel system
2013 linc mkt ecoboost

AJP turbo

Quote from: Fmrfordmastertech on May 05, 2016, 08:10:48 PM
Yes, Torrie tunes. rev5 or so?

No faults in pcm. i will look into fuel system

No need to look at the fuel system....Boost like that and the fuel system will struggle....I think you maxxed out the 3 bar Map sensor....Look at MAP at the 2-3 shift...It goes flat...Unlikely that the boost level was exactly 255kpa for that time.

That's why I've been telling people that you can run 15-16 psi on the stock map sensor...The stft's will just handle the fuel....It knows it needs more fuel it just can't see the exact boost level

That tune is HOT for sure you were commanding like 22 psi. Not really getting it all the time though. Couple lean spots but no knock. The fuel pressure dropped to less than 1000 psi when you were most likely commanding over 2000 so that goes to show you how taxed the fuel system is....You are running the piss out of it.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Fmrfordmastertech

Thx for the input, when they write these tunes can they command boost differently in each gear or is it linear for the whole run?
2013 linc mkt ecoboost

SHOdded

You have the manual for the 2013 vehicles, right?  Check the PC/ED section, section HN has info on the Turbocharger System, if you can run the tests outlined and verify that wastgate actuator linkage repair was successful.  Just a thought, because the only time I saw a 25 psi boost was a momentary phenomenon when Mike was building his Flex.

Don't know how much leeway we have in operation, but I saw this:

HN17 CHECK TURBOCHARGER WASTEGATE ACTUATOR OPERATION
NOTICE: Do not exceed 103.4 kPa (15 psi) of pressure applied to the turbocharger actuators, excessive pressure will damage actuators.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Nothing wrong with his actuators....his desired tip was 248kpa!...and there is always a boost spike on an upshift especially when the throttle stays open and there is no torque reduction being commanded

So he was targeting 248 kpa and the upshift spike on top of that
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

f8tlSHO

Does it feel fast? Are you mixing any other fuels?

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

Fmrfordmastertech

93 octane...feels fast, im going to do some timed runs on my stalker stats radar system. Torrie lowered the 1/2 shift pressure a tad. I did feel last night under semi aggressive driving i hit 22psi in 3rd gear 3/4 throttle. Seems way to hi. Im driving to my boat today which is almost 2 hours away, goin tovtry the 2 bar/89oct for the hi way cruise
2013 linc mkt ecoboost

SHOdded

Enjoy the boat ride!