• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Get Your Lowered SHO Back Into OEM Alignment Specs...

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 14, 2013, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy S.

I recently installed the Megan Racing Coilovers on my 2011 SHO and picked up the 84130 rear alignment bolts to get everything back within spec.  I am taking my car in tomorrow for an alignment and will have the 84130s installed on the rear then.  BPD said he didn't have to use any special bolts up front to get within alignment specs so I think your don't need to worry about that.  I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.  -Jeremy

Jeremy S.

Took the SHO in for an alignment today post Megan Coilover install.  I drove the car for about a week to let things settle before taking it in.  I purchased the SPC 84130 adjustable rear cam bolts and the mechanic didn't mention any issue with using them.  I have not looked at the bolts and nuts post install but the mechanic didn't mention and issues with the nuts being too tall as was the case with the 81280 part number.  The shop also adjusted the ride height on all four corners to match pre alignment.  The mechanic was able to get everything but the rear drivers side camber within spec and that is only out of spec by 1/10th of a degree so I am not too worried about it.  Also, had the shop rotate the tires since I had been driving out of alignment for a week or so while things settled.  Hopefully, I can add a few notes to the Megan Coiliver install thread to clear up a few confusing points I ran into while installing the coilovers...nothing major but some things that could definitely save future installers some time.  -Jeremy

ZSHO

:bigthanx: to many who have contributed there time and effort in keeping the Ecoboost community up to speed,but especially to bpd1151 for an exceptional "writeup" and our very own SHOdded with updating us on such valuable information that is going to help me towards the process of my H&R springs Installed. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Colorado-SHOBro

Just as an FYI to anyone who wants to check camber at home to see where they stand this is a method i've used for years and proves to be relatively accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT1eK55ZhJo

after letting my springs settle for a few hundred miles i came up with these angles. i think these are all within spec(barely on the PS front).

can anyone verify the spec on rear camber?
OP states -1.2 as max neg camber angle and Jeremy s. photo lists -1.8

and of course . . photos in this thread need fixed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on November 05, 2017, 01:31:43 PM
Just as an FYI to anyone who wants to check camber at home to see where they stand this is a method i've used for years and proves to be relatively accurate.

after letting my springs settle for a few hundred miles i came up with these angles. i think these are all within spec(barely on the PS front).

This was using the must needed Specialty 81280 rear camber bolts. Z
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.htmls

.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: ZSHO on November 05, 2017, 01:53:10 PM
Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on November 05, 2017, 01:31:43 PM

This was using the must needed Specialty 81280 rear camber bolts. Z
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.htmls

.Z

Thanks for the pic Z. Are those specs from a Ford dealer or where? looks like they had to adjust your toe a little as well?

I have one 84130 camber bolt(didn't realize there was 1 to a box instead of 2) but doesn't look like i'll need it anyway. I'm in a pretty good range in the rear after fullly adjusting the stock spindle bolt. Before adjusting it i was over -2.2* in back on both sides.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

@ Colorado-SHOBro Correct from the Ford Dealer. Z

GIGANTORE

I took my car with new tires to get aligned today. I included the camber bolts 81280. They didn't work. The lobe doesn't make contact on the inside of the hole. I went ahead and ordered the 84130. Hopefully it does the trick.

glock-coma

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 25, 2017, 05:14:18 PM
I took my car with new tires to get aligned today. I included the camber bolts 81280. They didn't work. The lobe doesn't make contact on the inside of the hole. I went ahead and ordered the 84130. Hopefully it does the trick.
Any chance you can measure the bolts And post some pics ?

I took some pics of the 84130
In this thread just to compare.
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=8585.0
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

GIGANTORE

Quote from: glock-coma on November 27, 2017, 08:53:31 AM
Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 25, 2017, 05:14:18 PM
Any chance you can measure the bolts And post some pics ?

I took some pics of the 84130
In this thread just to compare.
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=8585.0

I would if I could find my calipers

GIGANTORE

Got the 84130 in the mail. Look at the length difference. Also, the cammed lobe is much longer in the 84130.

glock-coma

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 30, 2017, 05:44:19 PM
Got the 84130 in the mail. Look at the length difference. Also, the cammed lobe is much longer in the 84130.

My guy just install these and they worked beautifully.
They were definitely needed in my case.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

StinkinLinkin13

Maybe I missed it in the thread... But was there a final good part number available for rear camber bolts for the 13+ MKS? Something obviously long enough and with enough adjustment for the H&R sport springs. Any direction, links is appreciated. Thanks
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 22, 2018, 02:54:19 PM
Maybe I missed it in the thread... But was there a final good part number available for rear camber bolts for the 13+ MKS? Something obviously long enough and with enough adjustment for the H&R sport springs. Any direction, links is appreciated. Thanks
SPC84130 are the correct length for SHO/MKS applications.

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

StinkinLinkin13

Thanks man. At almost 25 per bolt just wanted to be sure it was the right set for the 13 MKS. 👍
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -