• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Get Your Lowered SHO Back Into OEM Alignment Specs...

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 14, 2013, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach_435

Finally! i have been waiting for this right up, i can finally fix my ugly rear camber. Livernois is also selling this product with their lowering springs i'm assuming it is the same bolt/nut. I believe they said you can order it from them for 39.99.  :bravo: :bravo:
2015 Taurus SHO pp - Megan Coilovers, Ferrada FR1 20x10.5 all the way around, Torrie tune, 3 bar map, Drop in filter
2011 Mustang 5.0 track pack/brembo - 426 whp 420 wtq 12.00 1/4

bpd1151

Quote from: zach_435 on May 18, 2016, 04:11:36 PMFinally! Ihave been waiting for this right up, i can finally fix my ugly rear camber.  :bravo: :bravo:

"Finally" ????

I authored this "How-To" back in like 2011, and it was transferred over the year after to this community here.

I also had a friend of mine who worked in the R&D division of H&R that was instrumental in developing these based on my own direct experiences as outlined in the write up.

I was one of the 1st for the platform to lower their SHO's using the H&R's & had a bear of a time trying to reacquire OEM alignment specs.

LMS I believe is rebranding, or selling these through their company now, as a part of their product offerings.

Although I no longer am rocking the H&R's, & have since upgraded to the Megan Coil Overs, i still have my adjustable cam bolts in place.

Never have been an issue since their install, and I have many miles on them, daily driven, track abuse, etc.

It's still cool seeing people benefitting from this, and many others mods and "How-To's" I pioneered / authored.

Enjoy those SHO's everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

zach_435

yeah i noticed after i posted it how old it was it new news to me though

Still really helpful as i wasn't aware of this until i saw this.

Much appreciated
2015 Taurus SHO pp - Megan Coilovers, Ferrada FR1 20x10.5 all the way around, Torrie tune, 3 bar map, Drop in filter
2011 Mustang 5.0 track pack/brembo - 426 whp 420 wtq 12.00 1/4

ppower

Quote from: CroR1 on March 25, 2016, 10:34:39 PM
Has anyone used the 81280 bolt alignment kit on the front with success? 2014 SHO here. Also, how bad of a wear do you guys see on the H&R lowered springs in the front that did not adjust the camber with this 81280 bolt kit (miles on tires,concerning inside wear of tire)?

Very curious about this, too. I already have wear on my 22's, but I would love to get the alignment back in spec by the time I replace tires.

AnotherGreenFusion

hmm, i have a feeling I may see the same issue on the CD4 once the coils are on, got the endlinks, now I am wondering if I should get the cam bolts from whiteline as well.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Just researching this in case I purchase springs.  Curious...On the SPCAlignment Site I see a different part number than the one reference earlier in this thread for the '10+ Taurus.  Maybe they now make a model specific bolt for our application?

http://www.spcalignment.com/component/spc/?task=part_description&pid=84130&region=USA&make=Ford&model=Taurus&year=2013%20-%202016&from=USAFrom&to=USATo
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Good question!  The bolts look different as well:

What SPC shows for the Ford Taurus
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SAYGBYE

I have a set of these bolts. part #81280 if anybody needs them. bought them and didn't use them.

ill be listing in the part forum as well.

miller007

Quote from: SHOdded on July 22, 2016, 06:49:08 PM

Anyone know which to go with on these two part numbers?  I'd really like to try the Ford SPC (84130) type if they work, but I know the 81280's fit except that they're barely long enough.  It'd be nice to have a bolt long enough to get past those first 4-5 threads...  wondering if the 84130's will be better or worse - anyone tried them yet?  I'm putting on new wheels and tires Friday, taking her to get aligned Saturday - I was going to order my camber bolts today, but debating which to go with... probably will just order both and see which works best and return the others, but thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone had experience with these others.  Thx!

2013 PP SHO Platinum White - Megan Coilovers, Airaid Hot AI, Corsa cat-back, LMS catted DP's, Alky Controls 100% Meth kit, 170° stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS 91-93 Methanol tune, white LED's, tinted heads and tails, and lots o' custom exterior mods...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 18, 2016, 04:24:07 PM
Quote from: zach_435 on May 18, 2016, 04:11:36 PMFinally! Ihave been waiting for this right up, i can finally fix my ugly rear camber.  :bravo: :bravo:

"Finally" ????

I authored this "How-To" back in like 2011, and it was transferred over the year after to this community here.

I also had a friend of mine who worked in the R&D division of H&R that was instrumental in developing these based on my own direct experiences as outlined in the write up.

I was one of the 1st for the platform to lower their SHO's using the H&R's & had a bear of a time trying to reacquire OEM alignment specs.

LMS I believe is rebranding, or selling these through their company now, as a part of their product offerings.

Although I no longer am rocking the H&R's, & have since upgraded to the Megan Coil Overs, i still have my adjustable cam bolts in place.

Never have been an issue since their install, and I have many miles on them, daily driven, track abuse, etc.

It's still cool seeing people benefitting from this, and many others mods and "How-To's" I pioneered / authored.

Enjoy those SHO's everyone!

Were you able to get to spec with the coilovers and these bolts?

bpd1151

FoMoCoSHO

So it appears there is no adjustment for the fronts on the 13+ application?

Is that because they're not needed?

bpd1151

Not entirely sure about the 13+'s as it pertains to the fronts, but on the 10's through 12's..... no, it's not needed as you say.

lamrith

Quote from: SHOdded on July 22, 2016, 06:49:08 PM

Was there ever an answer/response on these new bolts?  Has anyone tried them?  The 84130 is listed as rear, is nothing at all needed up front or do people use the 81280 in front and 84130 in rear?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.