• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Flex/SHO/Explorer Sport spring installation DIY

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 14, 2013, 12:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: ZSHO on October 26, 2017, 06:34:49 PM
:bigthanx:   SHOdded awesome job on the PICS ^^^^. Z  :)
did they get fixed? i still can't view them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

Page 1 UPDATED.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Glad you were able to retrieve them, Z, I could not get Chrome to cooperate :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on October 26, 2017, 10:07:21 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 26, 2017, 06:34:49 PM
:bigthanx:   SHOdded awesome job on the PICS ^^^^. Z  :)
did they get fixed? i still can't view them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah only if (Photobucket Hotlink Fix) is enabled on Chrome. Dunno. 
I did my very own,hope it helps any.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 26, 2017, 10:32:54 PM
Glad you were able to retrieve them, Z, I could not get Chrome to cooperate :(
Manu my pleasure my friend!  :)  Chrome needs a good ole fashioned lashing. Lol. 
Btw if there's any more pics to retrieve feel free to let me know.  Z  :)

ZSHO

Progress in the works. (Page 1 Updated). Z :)

Thetuna

Did my springs this weekend and this thread was helpful.

Just for those that dont have a pass thru and arent willing to go get one in the middle of the project. You can use a set of vice grips to hold the shaft on the strut and use an impact to get the nut off. Quicker and easier this way, but you will marr the shaft. Try and keep it as high as possible.

Also I cannot stress enough to do the rear springs in the order it is written. Being a complete mindless idiot I took off the bolt on the control arm and THEN dropped the sway bar. The pressure came down when I was underneath it and I have nasty bruise to show for it.
2015 Platinum White SHO non PP
Mdesign Intake/plugs/170* tstat/H&R Springs/Custom Catback/Unleashed 3bar 93/Unleashed 3bar E30
More on the way...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DanJett

Thanks for the info. Will be doing it this long weekend.