• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

track prep

Started by scoles92, April 25, 2016, 01:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

Quote from: scoles92 on April 26, 2016, 11:21:59 AM
im hoping to be! the weather looks like it will be nice!

I hope the weather cooperates - low da and no headwind would be nice for a change.  I am planning to go and so is another SHO owner from the twin cities, I believe.

AJP turbo

Hell yeah scoles,post a log up...be more than happy to see whats going on and see if i can offer any insight

Make sure your config to log at least has actual throttle angle, map, desired tip, wastegate duty, fuel rear pressure desired and actual and maybe fuel low pressure actual and desired , and knock sensor and spark and torque source and iat2 and load and load absolute....rpm also. that should be good for diagnosing power...seems like a lot but not for diagnosing problems
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Brucelinc

AJ, don't help him too much.  If we meet up at the track, I want to have a fighting chance against him!   :drive:

AJP turbo

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 26, 2016, 11:32:35 AM
AJ, don't help him too much.  If we meet up at the track, I want to have a fighting chance against him!   :drive:

Lol ...it just makes me curious...if i had to guess id say low boost and or low timing.....if the boost is there and the timing id there then it should run

Perhaps a driver mod is required lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

scoles92

I can do that! One problem I had when data logging with Torrie is that my sct for whatever reason would only let me log so many pids so Torrie had to make a custom configuration. But it told him everything he needed so I'm sure it includes what you listed. Otherwise I'll make a new one.

You going brucelinc?
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

scoles92

I am still getting use to this car so a driver mod is indeed a possibility but I ran pretty consistant times. I think I've seen up to 18 psi of boost on the sct before
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: scoles92 on April 26, 2016, 11:59:47 AM
I can do that! One problem I had when data logging with Torrie is that my sct for whatever reason would only let me log so many pids so Torrie had to make a custom configuration. But it told him everything he needed so I'm sure it includes what you listed. Otherwise I'll make a new one.

You going brucelinc?
Are you trying to log without a laptop?

scoles92

correct. I've been using the sct then transferring it to a desktop then emailing it on its way. I actually don't have a laptop at the moment.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: scoles92 on April 26, 2016, 12:15:30 PM
correct. I've been using the sct then transferring it to a desktop then emailing it on its way. I actually don't have a laptop at the moment.
Ok, that explains a lot.

The X4 works much better as a passthru to a laptop than it does a stand alone logger.

I made the same mistake early on with the old car.

This is probably why your tune isn't very hot as Torrie doesn't have all the required parameters to crank up the power safely.

Try to get a hold of a laptop so you can use a full config file.

scoles92

I'll do that. Thanks for the info!

FoMoCoSHO

Here's a good place to find inexpensive high quality laptops.

http://us.refurb.io/

AJP turbo

I wonder if you can load a config to the x4 then download it later?...i think you can load 30 some pids with livelink but i try and only load what i need for whatever im focusing on at the moment

Its a pain having the laptop in the car but im so used to it...when u select your items you can change the units to fahrenheit also...try and make sure the items i listed are in your config...if not u can add them to what torrie sent you...i know some will be there but not sure if torries config will have them all....some of the items may be telling

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

I don't think it matters once you get to around 10 pids it doesn't have the processing power and resolution drops, at least that was my experience.

r1crusher

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 26, 2016, 11:28:23 AM
Hell yeah scoles,post a log up...be more than happy to see whats going on and see if i can offer any insight

Make sure your config to log at least has actual throttle angle, map, desired tip, wastegate duty, fuel rear pressure desired and actual and maybe fuel low pressure actual and desired , and knock sensor and spark and torque source and iat2 and load and load absolute....rpm also. that should be good for diagnosing power...seems like a lot but not for diagnosing problems

You forgot the kitchen sink, 3 legged dog and unicorn PID's.  :lol:
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

scoles92

if you want i can forward you a log ive previously sent him but i dont have any after i gaped the plugs.

i use a sct livewire ts if that helps at all