• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is our hpfp used in any other di?

Started by tgambob, April 22, 2016, 03:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

More on the F150:

Have heard it mentioned the F150 is a 4 sided cam lobe, SHO is 3, as in pic below
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tgambob

Odd that they have a 4 lobe cam if that's true. I was thinking possibly using a second cam of the variety that has the fuel pump cam and if the profile is that different then the non fp cam to have it ground and welded to match. Using the fp cam as the core would remove some odd work for that drive lobe. Anyone have a source for a set of heads?  Our heads are only single cam variable and the f150 are both correct?
2010 non pp. Air raid, sct itsx, unleashed 93 boost, 3 bar, ngk

SHOdded

I was referring to the extra lobe on the intake cam that drives the fuel pump as being 4 sided, just to be clear.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tgambob

That's the way I had taken it no worries. It's still odd that the truck would have 4 pump cycles per cam rotation compared to 3 for a supposed high performance car. So would it be better in the first place to start with f150 cam cores for that extra pump actuation? On a good note I get to go see the engineering depth and the weld spray guy due to a bad bearing eating a no longer made shafts, they love my wierd projects. It's nice when your company is part owned by a larger company that owns cool s*** lol

AJP turbo

Nice tree stump lol.tell that bug company you need some work tables lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

tgambob

We have work tables lol but they become a flat surface filled with half completed junk almost immediately. Even the junk chipper I'm working on becomes storage after an hour. This beast is old and one of like 74 made anyways so no parts available so everything is a custom deal but it's still the biggest self feeding tree chipper in the area. It's so much fun keeping this junk running

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on May 17, 2016, 06:40:41 AM
More on the F150:

Have heard it mentioned the F150 is a 4 sided cam lobe, SHO is 3, as in pic below

How much more fuel could you get from an extra cycle?
What are f150's running for GPM

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder