• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is our hpfp used in any other di?

Started by tgambob, April 22, 2016, 03:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: CroR1 on April 23, 2016, 10:43:09 PM
That's sad that Ford did not use stronger parts on these engines, knowing that people mod their other models like mustang and focus... they should have assumed same would be done on these turbo cars. They should have left consumers some room to play.

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on April 23, 2016, 09:37:07 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 23, 2016, 04:05:53 PM
Do you know what specific design changes FullRace made for the truck pump?  Off the top of my head, one would think gearing and materials change would be needed.
It wasn't Full-Race it was Bosch or somebody, the pressure from the pump trying to squeeze the fuel broke the cam in half...

You are kidding right cro?..so what kind of parts should ford have used?..with just a tune the sho can run mid 12's and have 450hp and over 500ftlbs of tq at the crank
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

CroR1

No, I'm not kidding. Just saying, that camshaft should not snap just like that.

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 24, 2016, 12:55:19 AM
That's sad that Ford did not use stronger parts on these engines, knowing that people mod their other models like mustang and focus... they should have assumed same would be done on these turbo cars. They should have left consumers some room to play.

Do you know what specific design changes FullRace made for the truck pump?  Off the top of my head, one would think gearing and materials change would be needed.
It wasn't Full-Race it was Bosch or somebody, the pressure from the pump trying to squeeze the fuel broke the cam in half...

You are kidding right cro?..so what kind of parts should ford have used?..with just a tune the sho can run mid 12's and have 450hp and over 500ftlbs of tq at the crank

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on April 24, 2016, 08:40:05 AM
No, I'm not kidding. Just saying, that camshaft should not snap just like that.

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 24, 2016, 12:55:19 AM

Maybe it had nothing to do with the cam, maybe they altered the spring rate or length and caused the cam to snap. You can't compress fluids. Modifying these pumps isn't a simple proposition, if it was, we wouldn't be having these conversations.

SHOdded

Probably backed off for ROI reasons as much as anything else ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tgambob

So it seems like more displacement would be more reasonable compared to higher pressures for worry of the cam. He's a random idea what about the cam eccentric that operates the pump? Maybe change ramp of it or lift?
2010 non pp. Air raid, sct itsx, unleashed 93 boost, 3 bar, ngk

AJP turbo

Quote from: tgambob on April 27, 2016, 12:51:32 PM
Maybe change ramp of it or lift?

I think that is what puts more pressure on the cam

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

panther427

We need volume not necessarily pressure increase. A physically larger pump or second pump are the options
2013 SHO

tgambob

Isn't that what they do on the speed 3? I thought they increased thier displacement along with the pressure increase. How many cc is our pump? Is it rotary or piston?

Scott4957

There are no significant upgrades for the fuel system in the speed, they use 5th and 6th port. Essentially the same thing we do with the aux E system or Meth. Any upgrades for the speed pumps or after market pumps are for mostly for reliability, some extra flow but nothing significant.

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

tgambob

So what about dual pumps then? Mount one on a bracket on the front of the engine possibly? Like dual cp3s on a diesel. Sorry but common rail big trucks are my lively hood, and it just seems like our di has some overlap with them.

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

tgambob

You know that's not a horrible idea. I was thinking belt driving a small single or dual lobbed cam off of belt. Almost set it up in a v configuration and run 2 pumps off the same lobe or 3 or 4 Oh that could get interesting. Oil feed oil return. Get a factory cam and cut that beast up. Mount in pillow blocks and enclose in sheet metal.  Just thinking out loud. Haha where the cam would be so short just the lobe and 2 journals with a snout and you mounted 4 pumps radially I bet u that cam could take a beating from increased life pressue

panther427

I always wondered how well a cp3, cp4 or other diesel injection pump would survive with gasoline. Obviously there is a huge difference in pressure. 3000psi versus almost 30000psi. But there has to be a way
2013 SHO

tgambob

That's what I'm wondering. I have emailed a couple guys about possibly doing something with our pumps. It's just hard to believe I can send a 20 year old craptastic injection pump off a random motor and they can tweak that up but no one can do a thing with these?