• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help me read my logs

Started by Scott4957, March 28, 2016, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

The explanation for this "PCV effect" could have mechanical, electrical, or logic components, we just haven't figured it out yet.  Many a time I have run across situations that have not been able to be explained by experts, yet they occur, and can be produced on-demand with the right set of inputs.  This is apparently one such situation.  There is a black box here that needs to be figured out, just hasn't been yet.

Main thing is that you are happy with the way your SHO is running, and we would like to continue receiving updates in the future to see if the fix is truly in place.

Z, any idea what the tieup is with the crank pressure sensor on the 2015s?  First I've heard of it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 23, 2016, 05:38:47 AM
The explanation for this "PCV effect" could have mechanical, electrical, or logic components, we just haven't figured it out yet.  Many a time I have run across situations that have not been able to be explained by experts, yet they occur, and can be produced on-demand with the right set of inputs.  This is apparently one such situation.  There is a black box here that needs to be figured out, just hasn't been yet.

Main thing is that you are happy with the way your SHO is running, and we would like to continue receiving updates in the future to see if the fix is truly in place.

Z, any idea what the tieup is with the crank pressure sensor on the 2015s?  First I've heard of it.
Here it goes Starting in the 2015 MY, Ford will be using a Crankcase Pressure Sensor (CKCP) to detect a disconnection of the
fresh air hose. A disconnection of the fresh air hose would allow the discharge of crankcase vapor into the
atmosphere while the engine was under boost. The diagram below shows a schematic of the PCV system. The
CKCP sensor is installed in the fresh air hose. The fresh air hose has two connection points. The connection at the
AIS system is called the "Clean side" connection while the connection at the rocker cover/engine is called the "dirty
side" connection. The fresh air hose connects the Air Induction System (AIS) to the rocker cover to provide fresh, filtered clean air
into the crankcase as the crankcase vapors are evacuated. The PCV valve has a spring loaded, tapered pintle and
orifice that limits the amount of crankcase vapors that are inducted into the engine. The least amount of flow occurs
during idle when manifold vacuum is high. As engine load increases, manifold vacuum decreases which allow
more flow. Under boosted conditions, there is no flow through the PCV valve. As crankcase pressure increases,
blow by vapors get pushed through the fresh air tube into the Air Induction System (AIS) where they will be
inducted into the engine.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

So nothing should be contributed to the PCV, good to know. I was having a hard time drawing correlation but it was the only obvious thing I saw when reseating everything. Now I also reseated all the plugs as well and double checked all the connections to the maps, pcv, diverter valves, HPFP...

Here are the datalogs before and I after I reseated everything... before I was consistently hitting .86 AFR in first gear with some good spikes on the STFT.. afterwards I am able to keep LAMBSE of .80 through the entire run consistently.

I had run several different tunes some of which have a heavier load that show similar results of before not keeping a steady .80 AFR and then being able to..

SHOdded

Here's additional info from the OBD manual, hope this clarifies some things ...

Will look at your datalogs later today, StealBlueSHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!