• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sct itsx review (kinda rant)

Started by tgambob, April 05, 2016, 12:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgambob

Well as you all should know I sprung for a sct itsx and 93 boost tune from torrie. Tune is magnificent car runs better and is significantly smoother. Best part is the shifting, my car has banged gears since I got it no matter what. Now with the tune it actually shifts like a non lemon it's amazing.

Now to the point of this...  itsx is not worth it unless I'm missing something big. I had thought that with sct designing this it would have to be better then a 5 dollar Internet app and was wrong. Tourqe pro puts this to shame. You can only have 4 gauges up on a 7 inch tablet and can't seem to modify them? Can't even use the sct dongle to run tourqe either. I couldn't find any reviews of this newer then like 2012 so I jumped in and tried it. Now I understand.  Maybe I had too high of an expectation that a 350 dollar device and software bundle could beat a 5 dollar app just seemed kinda reasonable. Loads tunes well as for the rest stick with tourqe. Comments and questions welcome.
2010 non pp. Air raid, sct itsx, unleashed 93 boost, 3 bar, ngk

SHOdded

With tuning devices, first priority is speedy and accurate data.  SCT does great in that area.  The graphics though definitely are not a priority for them.  Probably a good call to let the fancy stuff be someone else's domain.  Can understand the disappointnent tho.

Unless you are datalogging routinely, living with a "separation of responsibilities" is not so bad :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tgambob

I just really expected at least to be able to monitor custom pids and more then 3 canned gauges. Do you know sct devices dont come with like a canned tune ( besides the great unleashed tune) or is it just the itsx. I really messed up when I sold my buddy my tourque dongle now I can't really see what's going on.
2010 non pp. Air raid, sct itsx, unleashed 93 boost, 3 bar, ngk

AJP turbo

You really dont want the canned sct tune...its garbage and the guy writing the canned tuned was clueless..no joke...and usually the preloaded sct tune gets wiped when u load custom tuning on the device...but the 350 you paid isnt bad...the x4 is about 380
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Hopefully these issues are fixed with the GTX.

It would be nice to have a 1 box solution for gauges and logging.

The OBD programs (like Torque) are OK for pretty gauges and basic monitoring but useless for any kind of logging. I suspect the ITSX has much better resolution than Torque.

Blackhawk

Torrie had a deal on the itsx with his tunes for 350. 

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 05, 2016, 01:12:47 PM
You really dont want the canned sct tune...its garbage and the guy writing the canned tuned was clueless..no joke...and usually the preloaded sct tune gets wiped when u load custom tuning on the device...but the 350 you paid isnt bad...the x4 is about 380