• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Down pipes

Started by Rockgt302, July 14, 2013, 08:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockgt302

geswek

bpd1151

Standing alone? No other mods? Meh..... good for a throatier exhaust note.

As an overall picture, and combined with other mods, such as the.....

Tune, Intake, Catback, Meth, Lower Temp Thermo, Plugs, etc. etc.

Yes, absolutely worth it!

darreli

I would say "yes"...one of the few things that have actually shown to make power. I would definitely do downpipes before a catback or along with.

EcoPowerParts

Tune and downpipes is a great combo. I would do downpipes before catback, in fact I have! :))

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

I need to check PA inspection; anyone know catless downpipes throw anything in OBDII connection?

I think, don't know, if they stick something in my tailpipe or plug in. I think the booty probe would probably throw off that I have no cats.

Andy at LMS said I can still achieve 400awhp with catted downpipes; but I know in my diesel days we ran straight no cat downpipes for a reason. Texas also doesn't stick anything in your pipe to test emissions.

PopolZ

I had to get Torrie to disable the rear O2 sensors because the check engine light came on.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

geswek

Yeah; I just look at the PA emission requirements; looks like my county only does OBDII for error codes and gas cap check (not sure how they do that on new cars LOL)

http://www.ahs.dep.pa.gov/aq_apps/emissions/test.aspx

EcoPowerParts

The PPE downpipes do not throw codes with cats, the Livernois ones do. So if you go Livernois it's a visual thing only you'll still throw codes. A to B comparison if I were going to spend the same $ on PPE vs Livernois on the catted downpipes I would go PPE due to that.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

darreli

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 14, 2013, 12:30:34 PM
The PPE downpipes do not throw codes with cats, the Livernois ones do. So if you go Livernois it's a visual thing only you'll still throw codes. A to B comparison if I were going to spend the same $ on PPE vs Livernois on the catted downpipes I would go PPE due to that.

Um...I have catted downpipes from LMS and haven't thrown a code??

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: darreli on July 14, 2013, 12:44:50 PM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 14, 2013, 12:30:34 PM

Um...I have catted downpipes from LMS and haven't thrown a code??
Did they tune out the rear O2 sensor when they installed them and did the post dyno tune?
Everybody else has thrown a code that I've seen, the cats are the very small cats that won't satisfy the ECU according to the information I can gather.

BTW, I'm just posting what I've observed from the Flex and SHO forums post catted downpipe install from Livernois. If this information is incorrect I will retract my statement. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Darkside

Don't forget about the Stainless Works downpipes, I believe they are cheaper as well.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Darkside on July 14, 2013, 03:00:21 PM
Don't forget about the Stainless Works downpipes, I believe they are cheaper as well.
You are correct, did you get catted pipes and if so are you throwing a code?
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Rockgt302

They would be done with LMS tune and KN typhoon.

jdeprato

My LMS downpipes threw a code until I had Torrie turn off the rear O2s. I posted about it in one of the other forums. I think the cats they used are the ones they use on their long tube headers from other cars, but as 4DR points out they are not the correct efficiency, etc... to keep the O2 sensors from detecting a problem and they throw a code. Since we only get visually inspected for cats where I am I only had to worry about them actually being there, they don't actually have to work in terms of keeping the O2 sensors from throwing codes. With the other V8 vehicles I've owned with long tube headers it has always been my experience that the tuners would turn off the rear O2s.
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)