• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LPFP specs

Started by bamsho, April 19, 2016, 02:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Hey, does anyone know the specs for the tank pump.  Just curious what the GPH and PSI are.  Thanks
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Gray Brick

This would be good to know..,.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

FoMoCoSHO

This info comes from the dealership...     

2013's have a different LPFP than the 2010-12's.

1st gen LPFP run at a fixed 65PSI

2013+ is variable that runs between 51 and 75 psi.

HPFP input pressure rated for 58-101 PSI (4-7bar)

ZSHO

I was able to obtain some more info pertaining to the OP question.  Z      Taking center stage and the backbone of these technology changes is Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) and Turbo Diesel Injection (TDI) engine. To review, previous fuel injection models relied on indirect injection of the fuel spray outside the combustion chamber at a stoichiometric ratio of 14.7:1 air-to-fuel. Typical piston compression ratios were limited to about 9:1 in gasoline and 20:1 in diesels due to the limits of squeezing this finite volume of incoming air.

However, Direct Injection has completely reinvented this piece of physics by allowing for more air to enter the engine while reducing the amount of fuel required for ignition. Ultra-lean fuel mixtures as high as 65:1 have been achieved in some models while the average ratios hover around roughly 25:1 on average. This is a quantum leap from the 14.7:1  limit from which we came.

One good example of this new direct injection (gasoline) engine is found within the Ford EcoBoost. The EcoBoost model is well on its way to becoming the most popular engine in its class. The 3.5L EcoBoost achieves an impressive 355-365 hp @5700 rpm, and 350 lb·ft torque, and delivers power like no other. It contains some truly impressive engineering innovations.

From twin variable turbochargers spinning at 170,000 rpms to fuel injection pulses varying from low-pressure ultra-lean micro droplets to richer 3,000 psi squirts, this engine can make gobs of power at the mere touch of the pedal. Even the pistons have a specific concave indentation, to facilitate high turbulence within the combustion chamber for optimum fuel-air mixing.   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bamsho

Ended up replacing both main fuel pump and fuel pump driver module.   I was only having fueling issues at WOT.  DI pressure back well over 2000 psi now and running alot better.  I think the fuel pump was getting weak, which caused the driver to work harder to increase the pressure on the pump.  Seemed to be a cascading effect.  If anyone would have to have there fuel pump replaced, I would replace the driver module as well.  It's located behind the RR seat, you will need to fold it down and pull back the carpet to gain access to it. Very simple to replace, won't pay money to have someone do it.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

AJP turbo

What were your issues at wot?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Quote from: bamsho on April 22, 2016, 02:56:36 AM
Ended up replacing both main fuel pump and fuel pump driver module.   I was only having fueling issues at WOT.  DI pressure back well over 2000 psi now and running alot better.  I think the fuel pump was getting weak, which caused the driver to work harder to increase the pressure on the pump.  Seemed to be a cascading effect.  If anyone would have to have there fuel pump replaced, I would replace the driver module as well.  It's located behind the RR seat, you will need to fold it down and pull back the carpet to gain access to it. Very simple to replace, won't pay money to have someone do it.
Let's see how the V10 does with the new hardware!  Hopefully the HPFP is chugging along nicely.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

It started last year just after running at Cecil County last Nov.  Running V8 93 at the time.  Had small pop, then slowly got worse, then it started doing it on 91 tune.  Car also had surging in town driving.  Finally guys put the aeroforce gauge to read to DI pressure, and pump voltage.  Voltage and DI pressure were fluctuating real bad.  So took a guess and replaced those parts.   Noticeable difference and voltage and DI pressures aren't fluctuating near as bad. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: bamsho on April 22, 2016, 11:31:28 AM
It started last year just after running at Cecil County last Nov.  Running V8 93 at the time.  Had small pop, then slowly got worse, then it started doing it on 91 tune.  Car also had surging in town driving.  Finally guys put the aeroforce gauge to read to DI pressure, and pump voltage.  Voltage and DI pressure were fluctuating real bad.  So took a guess and replaced those parts.   Noticeable difference and voltage and DI pressures aren't fluctuating near as bad. 
My symptoms were just having the car die in the road and became unstartable... But when I got my LPFP and FCM replaced I felt the car ran better than it ever had... Bet you do too... I think it takes a long time for these parts to fail and performance is affected during the entire time.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bamsho

Yep I agree BigMac.  I want to take care of the issue before one day it just died, and who knows where at.  One thing I've learned about electric fuel pumps, the quick working at bad spots, so been there, done that.

Blackhawk

Is there any solid testing to see if a upgraded LPFP running at 100psi can increase overall fuel delivery through the HPFP?  If a weak LPFP can impact fuel pressure at the rail then it seems an upgraded one could have impact.

AJP turbo

Stock lpfp can run 100 psi

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Quote from: bamsho on April 22, 2016, 11:31:28 AM

Im not sure that would be conclusive evidence...the voltage and pressure changes often and rapidly...you maybe be at 250 at idle and 2100 at wot

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Gray Brick

So what is the lph of the stock in tank pump?
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---