• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help me understand what each EcoPower Performance pipe kit consists of

Started by 6500rpm, September 22, 2019, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

I'd like to do a full upgrade on my induction system piping with parts from EPP as they become available. Can you guys explain what each set consists of.

As I understand it,

1) The new EPP SHO/Flex/Explorer 3.5L EB transverse cold air intake runs from the air filter to each of the turbo inlets.
2) The EPP Ford Flex/SHO Lincoln MKT/MKS Hot Pipes only consists of the pipes from the turbo outlets to the CAC intake fittings.
3) And this is the the one most confusing is the difference between the "EPP SHO noisemaker eliminator pipe" and the "EPP Noisemaker delete to hot pipe upgrade kit".

To muddy the waters even more, if I purchased the noisemaker eliminator pipe with the Tial BoV, does it eliminate the need for the other standard BoV positions? I need to find the link again, but originally the idea was to install a waste gate in place of the noise maker but I can't remember if it negated the need for the standard BoV(s) or just kept the throttle plates from having to regulate air in certain conditions.

This is the thread I was referring to-

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6526.0.html

As a general statement, I'm on the pre-order list for the new dual cold air intake and want to come up with an all inclusive parts list for everything when it's time to order depending on availability. Also, if I decided to keep the factory electric BoV/recirc valve, is there an option to dump it back into the induction tube or is it a VTA option only?

2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

EcoPowerParts

Hot pipe kit consists of 3 pipes, the noisemaker eliminator pipe which is from the throttle body to the intercooler and the two pipes that go from the rear turbo to intercooler on the front.
The noisemaker kit is just the TB to IC pipe.
For people who have bought a noisemaker pipe but want the hot pipe kit later they can buy the upgrade kit to get the other 2 pipes and silicone hoses needed to make a full hot pipe kit.
Cold air intake is just from cold air to inlets of the turbos, hot pipe kit is from turbos to IC and IC to TB.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Forgot to talk about VTA, I'm updating the hot pipe stock BoV to allow for recirc on the next set of BoV mounts to work in conjunction with the cold air setup.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

6500rpm

Thanks, I was reading too much into the web site page. Perfect!
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!