• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mixed Feelings Lasco Ford Fenton, MI

Started by L1gerZero, April 18, 2016, 10:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinid

I can't agree with CroR1 enough. As a fellow veteran I saw the bs all the time. Don't EVER go to a dealership even remotely near a military base. They are used to getting away with stuff becausea large amount  of the customers are 18 yrs old with O car buying experience. Also being active duty basically makes your credit score a 850 as far as they are concerned, because no matter what happens, they can call your superiors and have that garaunteed money taken straight from your paycheck.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. If you havent already, get that Ford premium (bumper to bumper) warranty. Mine has paid itself off 3 times over already. Infact I'm about to cancel it and buy a new 36k mile warranty at 99k miles.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

L1gerZero

How much do those go for? It will be after the move of course but it never hurts to have that peace of mind.

I don't think it had anything to do with the military status. Around here if i go on lunch off base people give me crazy weird looks when i walk in in uniform and that dealership is 2 hours from here. Remote duty stations are funny like that. All i can say is i will not be dealing with another ford dealership for a car purchase after this. They are 2/2 for bad experiences.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

Quinid

My first one i bought in June 2013 was 1100 bucks at 59k good for 3 years/50k miles . At 99k it will cost me 2700 bucks for 3yr/36k miles. Its now at 94k. My warranty has already been used on a new ptu, new valve cover,  2 struts,  1 sway bar,  1 turbo,  remote start problem,  and a climate control issue. The climate control fix alone was $1400. I pay a $100 deductible, thats it.

Make sure its the FORD warranty. 3rd party ones are a joke. They usually don't cover a ptu or turbo/superchargers.
When u buy one,  they will want to do a full inspection before the deal so make sure that dealership fixes all that stuff first.

Oh! And btw mine has the unleashed tune with vta mod. I put it back to stock before I take it to the dealership every time, even for oil changes.  They have yet to notice.  Your luck may vary.
I'm not nice to my car. Fyi.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.