• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Mixed Feelings Lasco Ford Fenton, MI

Started by L1gerZero, April 18, 2016, 10:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L1gerZero

So I guess i'll start from the beginning. I found my SHO online, went and looked at it, test drove etc. liked it. Sat down and sorted out a price agreed on it, then I noticed their inspection list. They hadn't inspected the PTU. Come to find out it was leaking. So a week later they have it fixed, call me in start the paperwork for the agreed price. A little later they come back with the manager and tell me they cant sell it to me for that price. Ford hadn't covered the PTU so they ate it out of pocket. They wanted an extra $150. Argued with them for an hour and they eventually backed off. Go to take the car (they locked the door on my way out it was so late) and the steering wheel is off. About 5 degrees to the left. Call them up the next morning, they tell me to bring it in. So I bring it in they fix it, no charge. I should probably add this in here so you guys know, its a 80 mile trip there and back, 2 hours for me. About 2 weeks later, I notice the exhaust manifold is black, so I wipe the crud off. I figured someone just spilled oil during an oil change and didn't clean it. A week later I get on it a bit and notice the smell of oil. so I look under the hood and its leaking oil. I take it to the ford dealer here by me, they call me an hour after I take it in. They tell me there is some questionable work that they need me to take it back to Lasco ford to get fixed for free. I ask them to take pictures and write a report. The vehicles engine cradle has 4 bolts put in only half way, and the PTU is still leaking as well as one of the turbos. The car has NO Freon. Nothing. The dip stick wasn't put in all the way so oil was blowing out onto the engine and manifold. I call Lasco, they tell me bring it in. I go up there again, they give me a brand new loaner Edge with 10 miles on it. The next day they call and say they put Freon in, no leaks, no idea what happened. The turbo and PTU was just oil that fell down off the Header from the dip stick. The bolts, they say they don't know why that happened. Again no charge. Now 2 days after I notice some more oil on the header. It looked like it was coming from one of the coil packs. So I pull the middle one off and oil just flows out. The seal is completely dislodged. I cleaned it all up, put the seal on as close as I could call them again, come to find out, they fired the service manager over this, so I left a voicemail for the guy standing in.

I'm pretty livid to say the least about it. Especially because I drove 1500 miles not knowing those bolts were like they were to go pick up my daughter, ex, and her daughter. Imagine if it had broken down in the mountains of WV. This is beginning to worry me about the rest of the car I spent 20k+ for a month ago. Oh, and I have orders here to Fort Meade. So i'll be leaving in a month maybe less and wont be able to bring it back to this dealer...

I have a bitter sweet taste in my mouth about them. The car buying was horrible, the car is having issues a CPO vehicle shouldn't, but every time there is an issue, they take care of it free of charge (minus miles and gas for the car) and give me a loaner if I need it.
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

AJP turbo

Wow...just wow...i think you would feel better if you punch someone in the eye and draw blood
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

CroR1

I would try to work out a deal on a different car, given your military situation which will prevent you from dealing with the hassle.

ZSHO

Definitely feel for ya brother,think there is a 30 day refund under the Lemon law in your State of Michigan,hope this link applies to you and wish you the best of luck .  Z     https://www.carlemon.com/lemon/mi_law.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Makes me mad that people treat their customers like that!  I mean if it weren't a Ford dealership, maybe I could accept their lack of knowledge ...  Anyway, get another car, and put in a complaint to Ford for sure.  Freaking mess.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

L1gerZero

Wow my orders just came through, I have 30 days. That timing is impeccable. Its also been just over its been about a month and a half since I got the vehicle, Feb 28th I believe. I don't know how to deal with all this. I really don't want to argue with these people over getting a new vehicle, I just want this one fixed. I don't need anymore stress right now with having to deal with uprooting my life and having to leave my daughter with my ex. Just bad timing and inexperience on my part.

SHOdded

Have the other dealer fix everything under CPO, see if they will deal with the paperwork on your behalf.  One way or another, a tough decision.  Maybe you can even get a free rental while your car is in the shop.  Again, talk to Ford, see what they can do to help.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickwalter4

I wonder if it's michigan? i took the xsport in for tsbs can't remember the number but the heat/A/C seats have where the buttpad cools more efficiently than the back. the backrest blower motor is supposed to be replaced. and the seat cushion hooks that hold the cover on under the seat get metal clips applied to not fall off.

also had applicable GSB of condensation in the mirror turn indicator. took it there on a friday, concerns verified and parts ordered. took it there 10 AM tuesday after needed parts came in. picked it up that afternoon with a piece of paper saying the seats were done but the light they ordered for the mirror was cracked they need another.. got in to drive off and find they've done... absolutely nothing.

no marks to show the seats were removed or de-skinned, seat cushion hooks still flapping about. but i have this handy paper that says it's all done per TSB.. and i have to come back when another mirror light comes in.

i took it in again first thing in the AM today and said "i want to see the old blower motors when i pick it up. do not mess this up again"
i was half tempted to call the news, as i can only imagine if this was actually a saftey feature or something on an old ladies car that's just gonna take their word that they fixed it..

not the same dealer this one is called village ford.- where i bought the xsport.

wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

nickwalter4

well update and the crap i got in dearborn, got her back this afternoon 2 seat cushion clips on. one didn't want to stay and another appears to have fallen off and is now just a fabric flap without a clip.. they showed me the old blower motors from the seatbacks but i felt no difference when driving, if anything it almost felt worse than it was before. fords maintenance website (PTS) doesn't show where warrantee work was performed. but they did replace my mirror light. so there's that. i fully intend on never going there again.

OP. i'd definitely fight to get your money back or a different car. one thing i can say from 8 years active duty is don't buy a car anywhere near a military base.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

L1gerZero

Here's an update of my own:

Called Lasco again, talked to a sales manager who took my issue straight to the service department. In the meantime while waiting for a callback i called the ford 1-800 number and filed 2 complaints. Funny though because they told me there's nothing they can do, dealerships are privately owned so i have to work everything out with them. UGH. Got a call back from Cameron (not sure where in the ladder he is but hes been nice and sympathetic all the times i met him). Hes looking into getting me a loaner, if he can, i'm taking it back in today.

nickwalter4, i didn't even know the back was supposed to cool/heat the back! I guess another thing for them to look into. This is my last go round with trying to keep her. Any other issues and i'm done. To be completely honest they are lucky i haven't had a nuclear meltdown in there. They are lucky i don't know who to scream at, have my daughter with me, and don't want to go to jail again  :blowup: 

L1gerZero

On a lighter note, found this at the local Dodge dealership (was helping coworker replace his engine is his 2007 r/t magnum and needed coolant)

Made me laugh

nickwalter4

Quote from: L1gerZero on April 18, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

nickwalter4, i didn't even know the back was supposed to cool/heat the back! I guess another thing for them to look into.

It's TSB 15-0166. you'll feel the heat for sure on both but for the seatback cooling is far inadequate compared to the cushion.

also you can ask to see/talk with the FCSD(ford customer service division) area manager basically the dealers are franchise but FORD authorizes them to sell and market FORDs if they mess up bad enough ford will revoke their privilege to display that big blue oval. but even a visit from the FCSD puts everybody that works there on their toes. tell your service manager you'd like to talk to the FCSD manager. they'll almost immediately go get someone 1 or 2 levels above them as that's who would have to make that call.

L1gerZero

So it looks like my dealings with Lasco Ford are over. The sad part is, i got a call from the mechanic the next morning asking me what i was talking about. He said he looked at it and didn't see anything. Words were used, feeling were hurt, and i ended up sending him the pictures i had taken from when i found it with big friggin red circles of what i noticed was wrong. Calls me back later said he found it, fixed the seal, drove it for 20 miles, no leaks. I had him check all the rest, no other leaks. When i got there after work that day, they pulled me right in, had the car waiting for me. I get all the paperwork for work done, do my walk around of the car (I'm pretty anal about these things) find some kind of light brown dirt/dust all over the back and in the wheels. I walked inside, told cameron that's unacceptable. He had one of his guys take it back and hand wash it. He returns 5 minutes later (the guy), puts the key on the table and walks out no words said. Cameron gets up tells me to hold on. Guy comes back 2 minutes later, grabs the key and walks out hurriedly. I can only assume cameron chewed him out because 15 minutes later the car was ready and spotless.

3 things made me happy. 1. i noticed i got a free oil change. 2. As i was waiting a pinkish 93 lx mustang pulled in, very nice condition. i stopped the guy and told him it was a beauty. He said thanks, and that its the last fox body to roll off the assembly. only 10k miles and tuned by Roush the day it came off. 3. No oil leaks ~300 miles later!

SHOdded

A long & winding road!  Hopefully they did the work correctly, just keep an eye on things, check the fluid level & condition from time to time.  There are plenty of people in the business who know how to bandaid things well enough to con the customer.

No pics of the Mustang???

L1gerZero

I've been checking it consistently every couple of days. Ill be doing plugs here in the next few days so i can double check myself that there is no leaks.

No sorry, I didn't grab any pics. Hindsight being 20/20 i should have