• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Vta

Started by Brandon2525, April 11, 2016, 01:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon2525

Hey guys i have my blow off valves vta how come when i am in park it will not blow off i have seen other peoples sho and when they are in neutral there cars do it?

AJP turbo

You could try in drive and holding the brake.....torque is limited in park and neutral ....you could have your tuner crank that up
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

When you roll off the throttle you should hear the pffffft,did you try power-braking it as AJ Suggested,any pics of front & rear install? Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on April 11, 2016, 06:45:59 AM
When you roll off the throttle you should hear the pffffft,did you try power-braking it as AJ Suggested,any pics of front & rear install? Z
Ajp's and Z are correct. When you don't ask for torque there is no boost and so nothing really to blowoff.  Power braking may do it, but if you get the rpms too high in that case then the boost may dump with the same result... There are other benefits of VTA besides sound... The PCV empties into the intake... Closer to the front turbo... With VTA you take a step toward minimizing the recompression of that stuff with it's volatilized oil and fuel. Might help slow turbo coking.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Maybe take off the engine appearance cover, see if it makes any difference?  A K&N intake (metal-bodied) also adds some of that turbocharged-audio bling.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I was curious if you ever fixed your issue with no vacuum on boost gauge a while back and if somehow these two issues could be related,just trying to isolate the root cause for ya.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Brandon2525

No i still still not fixed issue on vaccum for boost gauge have not had time to look at it yet thanks to everybody for the help.