• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How do you disable nav lockout when driving

Started by m3dragon, April 01, 2016, 12:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Here is a video and some pics of my personal install which took roughly an hour the first time around but glad they came out with a newer version as mentioned above by bpd1151.  Z
ftp://! No longer available

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

If a lock pick can do it there probably is away probably by way of blocking speed signal to apm maybe a way to add a switch to data connection to turn data off when you want to input something then turn the switch. I'm sure there is a better way but there are ways if someone has figured it out. Just have to know what method of many they are using.
Or it could be using a complicated set of programming.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

paokara777

I have a lockpick sitting in my office waiting to be installed, it does a lot more than just let you use the Nav too, it also allows for DVD's picture (not just audio) to be seen while driving and other things like access the reverse camera at all times (so you can see behind you even when driving forward for instance)

Regarding how it works, i read somewhere it uses several things, like GPS speed/ping and transmission gear (it detects your in P or D for instance)
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

Mustang5L5

I haven't tried this yet, but there seems to be evidence it can be done using Forscan

https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/general/myford-touch-hack-enable-features-t3321397/page62

See post #612 as well as a few replies before and after.   Different regions allow for different rules regarding nav lockout, so by using Forescan, they are changing the region to allow for it.  It does disable Sirrius travel link
-2014 Taurus Limited 3.5L FWD