• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

JUST FYI: Starter turns, car wouldn't start (fixed)

Started by 14 TUX BL, March 30, 2016, 12:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14 TUX BL

Had the car for a year now, ~40k on the odo (bought as former Exec Lease with 28k). No problems until the other day, starter turning hard but wouldn't start.

Flat bedded to dealer (as per AWD), they called saying problem was faulty Fuel Pump Driver Module. Replaced, all ok now. Cost was my Ford Extended Warranty $100 deductible.

SHOdded

Seems to be an issue with the 2013+, glad they found & fixed it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Yep... A known issue.., had mine and the LPFP replaced under warranty... Mine died in the road at a light and wouldn't start a block or so from the dealer... They sent 4 guys out to push it into the shop.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Glad it did not happen while you were driving and most importantly no one was hurt.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14 TUX BL

Quote from: SHOdded on March 30, 2016, 12:58:58 AM
Seems to be an issue with the 2013+, glad they found & fixed it!

Thanks! Short term inconvenience, didn't know it was an "issue" until now. lol

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 30, 2016, 02:10:28 AM
Yep... A known issue.., had mine and the LPFP replaced under warranty... Mine died in the road at a light and wouldn't start a block or so from the dealer... They sent 4 guys out to push it into the shop.

Wow, a block from the dealer. Was there a "push" charge?  ;)

Quote from: ZSHO on March 30, 2016, 09:09:22 AM
Glad it did not happen while you were driving and most importantly no one was hurt.  Z

You mean the car could've become inoperative while I was driving it? If so, that seems like it should've been a recall issue.

(quick side note: I noticed the dealer had a new 2015 PP on the lot, something like 6-7k off sticker. Hmm ...)

ZSHO

There is a recall only on the 13 models.  Z      2013 Ford Taurus FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
NHTSA Campaign #15V812000

Date Announced:
DECEMBER 02, 2015
Vehicles Affected:
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013 Explorer, Explorer Police Utility, Taurus, Taurus Police Interceptor, Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Lincoln MKT vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the fuel delivery module may crack, allowing fuel to leak.

Consequence: A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire.

Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery module, free of charge. The recall began on December 21, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 13S04-S1. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V812000 »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

66 Galaxie

Had fuel pump module and LPFP replaced on my '14 Flex when it died in my driveway at about 34k miles...
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

14 TUX BL

Goodness, these fuel pump modules certainly are persnickety little fellows. ;D

Thanks for the replies everyone!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

Well...you can most likely add me to the growing list of LPFP/HPFP failures.  Started the car this morning and drove to my wife's work.  Went out to start it to run some errands this afternoon and it wouldn't start.  Just cranked continuously until it timed out in the ECM.  So I pulled out the SCT to read for codes and nothing found...oookay.  Pulled the battery terminal for 15 min. and tried to start again, still all crank and no start.  Pulled the 3 bar and put the stock tune back on and tried to start again, but of course nothing.  Checked for codes again and boom...P00C6 - low fuel pressure.

There's a Ford dealer less than 3 min. from the factory here so I went down there to see if they'd just come get it....nada.  They gave me the roadside assistance number to call.  I have the Premium Care package good until 125k miles so with only 50k on it I'm all good short of the $100 deductible I'll be out.

So...the flatbed is on it's way and I'll probably have to wait at least a week for this back country dealership to fix my car.  :(
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I certainly feel for ya r1crusher and would also mention the recall to the dealer posted above but the POOC6 is related to FRP(Fuel rail pressure to low)and keep us updated on all fronts.  Z

SHOdded

Ugh!  At this rate, every '13 SHO owner will have to plan on having this done at some point, earlier than anticipated.

r1crusher

Back from the dealership.  Gave the service guy the code I pulled as well as the recall campaign number mentioned here and just as I expected he didn't write any of it down or put it in the service system.

I really shouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket since it should be covered under the 5 yr / 60k powertrain I'd think.  But I'm fully expecting them to make it look like it's not covered and get me to pay the $100 deductible on my extended warranty.  So I'll know sometime tomorrow hopefully what the diagnosis...hopefully.

'17 XSport

r1crusher

Going on day 2 in the shop and no call or word as to my issue yet.  When I was there the service writer was getting his ass chewed by a customer because he was there to pick up his car and they didn't even start on it.  So I'm pretty leery as to what I'm going to expect from them and more importantly...when.  :(
'17 XSport