• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help me read my logs

Started by Scott4957, March 28, 2016, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Your baro pid was at 99kpa which is 14.35 PSI.

Peak tip was 241.

241-99=142 kpa or 20.59 PSI

AJP turbo

I didnt look but i would look at map for peak boost...if you are reading tip while the throttle is fluctuating the pressure will be higher because when the throttle blade is closing pressure hits a restriction....so basically the throttle closing causes tip to rise....and there were some throttle fluctuations.....usually thats when tip is highest

Even when the throttle blade is open fully tip will be 4 to 7 kpa higher so u will get like .25 to .5 psi pressure drop across throttle
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on April 07, 2016, 12:20:17 AM
I didnt look but i would look at map for peak boost...if you are reading tip while the throttle is fluctuating the pressure will be higher because when the throttle blade is closing pressure hits a restriction....so basically the throttle closing causes tip to rise....and there were some throttle fluctuations.....usually thats when tip is highest

Even when the throttle blade is open fully tip will be 4 to 7 kpa higher so u will get like .25 to .5 psi pressure drop across throttle
Using MAP he's at 19.87

AJP turbo

Just a spike after an upshift id say...his desired top was about 217kpa if I remember..thought thats about 16-17psi ?..dont have my handy dandy calculator

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Hey AJ!  Wanted to say thanks for the work on this issue, I was able to use this information to help someone over on SHOforum, all straightened out now :)  Thanks also to scott for bringing this topic to light, and FoMoCo for assisting with the analysis/asking the right questions.  :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Awsome...not sure i like being the good guy tho....keep this quite please..i have a reputation to uphold

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Hahaha....don't worry you haven't convinced anyone yet ;). Rev7 is feeling amazing. Maybe its just the cool morning air but it seems to pull hard! Hope to get some logs this week, weather looks good just need to find the time!
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

Well here are a couple pulls on Rev7. I'm curious about spark advance, in all logs not just this. Why does it appear to fluctuate so rapidly? I can see boost and load fluctuates with it, nearly mirroring it. I suppose boost increases as timing is added. I am guessing those fluctuations are normal and the engine is trying to maintain a commanded boost level or load? I don't have any smoothing of the data turned on when I am viewing it in live link. I seem to always get a 4+ knock after the 3-4 shift in all the logs and load has smoothed out and seems to hold steady at about 1.75.

AJP turbo

Im out of town til friday night with no laptop....boost does not increase as timing is added!

Spark is dependant on load...when load is high less spark is commanded...when load is low more spark is commanded

The ecu is commanding desired tip (turbo inlet pressure)

Load will vary throughout the rpm at a given Tip or boost due to the engines varying volumetric efficiency theoughout the rpms

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 11, 2016, 06:59:25 PM
Hey AJ!  Wanted to say thanks for the work on this issue, I was able to use this information to help someone over on SHOforum, all straightened out now :)  Thanks also to scott for bringing this topic to light, and FoMoCo for assisting with the analysis/asking the right questions.  :thumb:

LOL, that would be me over that SHOforum. Although, unfortunately I am still having an issue. I talked to Torrie and he said that I am having fuel pressures issues. However, looking at Scott's logs, mine are almost identical. I am going to go ahead and attach the two logs I have if you want to compare or have any thoughts...

My first tune based on MAP sensor I was pushing 20psi.. load was over 2.0... ambient air was around 50F. Torrie has dropped the boost a bit since then as the revisions are progressing...

Rolling-WOT-93B1-Modified - This is the problematic run, its gotten a bit better with each revision. I get knock and then fuel pressure drops, and the TB closes up a bit. This was a run from around 60mph to 80mph. I can duplicate this every time I do it.

WOT-from-Stop-93B1-Modified - This the cleanest WOT from a stop that I have. No knock, no TB closing, no MAJOR fuel drop.

What bothers me is that Torrie thinks I need to look at troubleshooting my fuel system... either fuel pump, module, or HPFP... but looking at Scotts logs seems to be similar, did Scott replace any of  those parts?

SHOdded

Pretty mild knock, as knock readings go.  I did see the load again exceed 1.8 (to nearly 2.0) during the WOT-from-Rolling log when it dumped fuel pressure.  Stayed under 1.8 for the WOT-from-Stop run.

Scott4957

I have not replaced any parts. I believe that fuel drop out is caused by a spike in load but feel free to mention my logs to Torrie, maybe he can explain in more detail why he thinks its an issue with the fuel system on your car but not mine. Maybe when AJ gets in front of a PC he can look at them side by side and tell you what the difference if any is.

And yes, I see now that boost and spark are the inverse of one another.

StealBlueSho

Thanks Scott! I might have already mentioned it based on SHOdded's comments on the SHOforum.com :-)  I am not sure why Torrie is worried about my fuel pressure versus not being worried about yours. The graphs look VERY similar.

SHOdded I thought that was a little weird too that WOT from a roll produced quite a bit more load than from a stop...

Torrie did send me another tune file based on those datalogs that I loaded but have not datalogged yet. Going to datalog those as well and see what, if any difference there is.

Seems like the trend is that most people are running 14-16psi for boost but any higher and they were going either ethanol mixtures or WM to assist the fuel delivery. But I could be reading that wrong.. maybe Torrie just tunes aggressive (which I asked for) and then backs it down until he finds that sweet spot... again.. I dunno..

BiGMaC

Quote from: StealBlueSho on April 14, 2016, 04:07:51 PM
SHOdded I thought that was a little weird too that WOT from a roll produced quite a bit more load than from a stop...

Is it both with the grannies on and with them off... If traction control is off then the ECU may be closing you down a bit from standing start to keep wheel spin controlled.... Leading to more TQ from a roll.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock