• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2 blown turbos

Started by fitnesstrainermd, March 25, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

My tube was disconnected at the CAC between it and the intake. Very loose will cause the same condition.

Drove it, zero boost.

It is very odd that both turbos completely failed and are incapable of making any boost.

MrsFoMoCoSHO has never seen any 3.5 ECOs with that issue and across the lines complete complete turbo failure is rare unless something got sucked in or something is unhooked.

fitnesstrainermd

Could the oil on/in this sensor connected to rear bov cause my issues?  How do I clean it?
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

ZSHO

Definitely get a can or two of electronic cleaner/maf cleaner and spray liberally inside the the harness/connectors and on the map,iat,tb sensors and wait a few minutes to dry.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

That's definitely not normal.
I'm not even sure how its possible to have oil in that connector......
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

I was just curious to know what type of Motor oil and oil filter you are using and at what intervals/mileage do you change the oil?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ecoboostsho

If your blow off valve is stuck you definitely won't build boost. I think you are on to something...

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

fitnesstrainermd

Ecoboost,

How do I check for a stuck bov?
2013 SHO PP, black, PPE Catted Downpipes, Magnaflo catback exhaust, Gearhead 93 tune, SP-542 plugs, EPP noisemaker eliminator pipe, MDesign CAI, 3-Bar,

glock-coma

Remove the  2 8mm bolts that hold on the BOV and check for free movement.
You'll have to remove the hose also. It's kind of a pita 
with the stock pinch clamp.

glock-coma

Actually you might not have to remove the hose  because the diaphragm is on the charge pipe side.

fitnesstrainermd

Thanks Glock.  I will try in the morning

BiGMaC

Here's a link that goes through several possibilities that could set a P2099 DTC... This might help. I still think simultaneous failure of both turbos without unusual noises or worse is unlikely. Even low oil pressure, EGR valve, or any one of a number of faulty sensors can do it on FMC products.  So check this out:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0299

Hope it helps.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Sabtaj1

Wow.  That's a lot of oil in the plug. I would assume it's coming from the inside of the blow off since the plugs are sealed up really good. Is it possible that that's some how screwing up the electronics and putting it into some sort of limp mode cause both blow offs to remain open and not allow boost???   If you were by me I'd give ya one of mine to try.  I would probably just replace that anyways. It obviously has something wrong with it. Well, that's what I would do anyways.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 26, 2016, 09:56:56 PM
Here's a link that goes through several possibilities that could set a P2099 DTC... This might help. I still think simultaneous failure of both turbos without unusual noises or worse is unlikely. Even low oil pressure, EGR valve, or any one of a number of faulty sensors can do it on FMC products.  So check this out:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0299

Hope it helps.
I'd recommend reading at the link above before blindly spending any money ... Or not...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Sabtaj1

I agree with Bigmac.  you could also switch the front blow off valve to the rear and the rear to the front and leave the front one unhooked.  But you have to have the rear plugged in.  Just a shot in the dark....
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

ZSHO

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on March 27, 2016, 12:10:03 AM
I agree with Bigmac.  you could also switch the front blow off valve to the rear and the rear to the front and leave the front one unhooked.  But you have to have the rear plugged in.  Just a shot in the dark....
Sabtaj thats where the Tials/Hotpipes Prevail.  Z   ;)