• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Carbon Fiber engine cover

Started by zach_435, March 23, 2016, 03:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach_435

does anyone know if there's a company that makes a carbon fiber engine cover to replace the plastic one?
2015 Taurus SHO pp - Megan Coilovers, Ferrada FR1 20x10.5 all the way around, Torrie tune, 3 bar map, Drop in filter
2011 Mustang 5.0 track pack/brembo - 426 whp 420 wtq 12.00 1/4

CroR1

I'd be careful of who I buy it from, and who makes it. The cheap manufactured quality ones can easily catch on fire.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Bpd1151 may have a source for true CF since he is the only one I know who has one.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

My cover's a true, one off CF piece.

There are companies out there that hydro dip, but that obviously is no where near the same thing by any stretch.

The person who made mine, although I still communicate with him, got out of the car mod industry, & is now in the mortgage/finance world.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sabtaj1

There is a lot or people really good at hydro dipping and would be cheaper.  I don't even have mine on. It's like wearing a winter coat in summer. ;-) 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

CroR1

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on March 23, 2016, 06:05:56 PM
There is a lot or people really good at hydro dipping and would be cheaper.  I don't even have mine on. It's like wearing a winter coat in summer. ;-)

LOL

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 23, 2016, 05:05:58 PM
My cover's a true, one off CF piece.

There are companies out there that hydro dip, but that obviously is no where near the same thing by any stretch.

The person who made mine, although I still communicate with him, got out of the car mod industry, & is now in the mortgage/finance world.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Mike i know its one of a kind but do you have a reserve set,whats the starting bid,LOL   Z    :D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

salsathe4th

I'm thinking about hydro dipping, it'll look great with my MDesign CAI   :shades:

This is what I plan on buying
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121742705974?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

warkentinkd

Quote from: salsathe4th on March 23, 2016, 11:59:07 PM
I'm thinking about hydro dipping, it'll look great with my MDesign CAI   :shades:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121742705974?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true
Sorry to open an old thread.  I was just wondering if you went through with hydro dipping your engine cover?  If so, can you please post pics and did you purchase from the link you provided?
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP, AJP 3 Bar 91 tune, SP534's Gapped @ 0.030, and MDesign intake.  For now...

ZSHO

Quote from: warkentinkd on November 02, 2017, 11:45:23 PM
Quote from: salsathe4th on March 23, 2016, 11:59:07 PM

Sorry to open an old thread.  I was just wondering if you went through with hydro dipping your engine cover?  If so, can you please post pics and did you purchase from the link you provided?
It appears that Salsathe4th has not been active since 4/17.  Z   :(

J-Will

I recall that MDesign was attempting to make (or perhaps did) a CF one.  I do not see it on their website though
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

bpd1151

Quote from: J-Will on November 03, 2017, 09:52:43 AM
I recall that MDesign was attempting to make (or perhaps did) a CF one.  I do not see it on their website though

LOL. Perhaps that's a good thing (that it doesn't appear on their site).

They've probably been WAY TOO BUSY, trying to back peddle and handle all the complaints regarding their CAI.

ZSHO

I recall that Concept was DOA IIRC.  Z

J-Will

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 03, 2017, 10:05:46 AM

LOL. Perhaps that's a good thing (that it doesn't appear on their site).

They've probably been WAY TOO BUSY, trying to back peddle and handle all the complaints regarding their CAI.

I didnt want to be the one to infer that right now MDesign is going through some QC problems and that consumer confidence is shaky around their products.  But there it is
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap