• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TIAL BOV & EPP HOTPIPES

Started by zamirlihari, March 21, 2016, 05:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sabtaj1

Hey Z,  just curios if you noticed any performance or anything.  I have noticed watching my boost gauge that it makes boost a lot more down low at partial throttle and also at full throttle my boost stays way more consistent and level at 21.4lbs and then levels down to 18.1lbs.  So I have to say to me it seems as the hot pipes actually helped a bit.  I may be just losing my mind but I am ready to go 11's on the stock snails. Hahaha
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

66 Galaxie

I suspect your boost results are due to the tial bov vs stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

BiGMaC

66 could be right... Due to the spring in the TIAL. But also has to be in your tune. During dynos Mike and I did at Black Market Racing when we installed my HPs there was no difference in AWHP.....However, when we were doing the dynos on my car during development of the DPs with PPE a few months later, Mike and I noticed the entire power curve shifted down about 350-500 rpms on the same dyno making the low end a lot stronger using stock bov's... This got even better when the tune was modified for the DPs.  Bottom line... More low end pull and both usable TQ and AWHP available earlier.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Sabtaj1

This is true.  It just seems it's way more consistent and it's not just the low end but top end as well. And that's where I need to make more power anyways. So needless to say I am very happy to have installed the hot pipes with the TIAL BOV. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

ZSHO

I basically monitor my levels with Torque pro but havent had a chance to check but the car certainly seems more responsive but at the same time i loaded my new V10 tune,will have more factual data in form of a time slip soon.  Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

66 Galaxie

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on March 27, 2016, 10:37:59 AM
This is true.  It just seems it's way more consistent and it's not just the low end but top end as well. And that's where I need to make more power anyways. So needless to say I am very happy to have installed the hot pipes with the TIAL BOV.
Being just mechanical and not electrically controlled I'm not surprised at it being more consistent and I would think it would be nicer to drive with that consistency. Now if we could get rid of the drive by wire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

Sabtaj not quite sure on the mileage you have on your Fury Flex but would double check the oem pipes that you removed for any rips,tears,especially the hose that connects to the front turbo which is very common issue and inevitable at any point and could possibly also explain the uproar your seeing and in my case adding the Hot pipes from www.ecopwerparts.com is probaby one of the wisest investments i have made IMHO and having to avoid tracking down any air leaks.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Sabtaj1

I checked em all and they are good.  They are a great investment and I'm very happy to have gotten a set.  I'm pretty sure it's the BOV like mentioned before that helps too. Or I'm just completely losing my mind.  That could very well be too.
13 Eco flex.