• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Experimenting with Octane Adjust Ratio (LOR) settings in SCT

Started by AJP turbo, March 12, 2016, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado-SHOBro

In Ford, Brad, and my knock sensors I trust...I log constantly and even when I'm not I'm always watching the X4. I understand the risks involved and there is inherent risk seeing how far the platform can be pushed.

On the wild end of the spectrum we've got BPD showing us what can be done while spending your kids inheritance. On the mild end you've got me exploring what can be had with nothing but a tune, 3 bar, and a little corn. I've saved enough in fuel cost running E to pay for my mods. Both methods provide valuable data for other owners to decide what direction they'd like to go and what performance level can be expected.

Horsepower isn't real, all I care about is my torque and how far I can carry it. Max torque is 500 RPM or a downshift away anywhere I ask for it. Peak HP queen isn't even close to accurate.
i completely agree with the above statement and i'm taking a similar approach to yours. i wasn't calling anybody specifically a hp queen but rather advocating for a torque under the curve tune instead of peak hp tune that a lot of aftermarket companies like to tout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

f8tlSHO

I just jumped on the e30 train... I like it... gas mileage has went down a good bit though. I looked yesterday, it said 12.5mpg..

2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

StealBlueSho

Quote from: f8tlSHO on March 17, 2017, 07:48:33 AM
I just jumped on the e30 train... I like it... gas mileage has went down a good bit though. I looked yesterday, it said 12.5mpg..

Lol... keep your foot out of it...

f8tlSHO

Easier said than done... car keeps a permanent grin on my face

E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.

StealBlueSho

I hear that... good thing mine stays in the garage most of the time.. I need to send Brad some logs with the latest E20 tune but weather is not great.

I was debating on meth or nitrous but I might just wait for the new HPFP and run more E.... not sure how high I want to turn it up though.... it's pretty beastly right now... 14.5psi holding with 25+ work of spark..and I'm not even tickling KR... just wants to keep adding...

FoMoCoSHO

That happens when you beat the hell out of her,...

Jesus that's worse than my straight E85 tune, lol

I'm around 19 with a 50-50 mix of city/hwy. If I drive her nicely I can get close to 21 but I can't tolerate that for long.

Just curious, is you OAR scaled higher?

f8tlSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 17, 2017, 10:27:53 AM

That happens when you beat the hell out of her,...

Jesus that's worse than my straight E85 tune, lol

I'm around 19 with a 50-50 mix of city/hwy. If I drive her nicely I can get close to 21 but I can't tolerate that for long.

Just curious, is you OAR scaled higher?
That is a question for ajpturbo... I don't know. I really haven't been pounding on the car other than for logs... kids are always with me. They love riding in the sho