• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bone Stock, Logging with ACES

Started by J-Will, March 11, 2016, 09:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 21, 2016, 06:46:25 PM
Some of those numbers look weird,

Bank 1 STFT- 180%?

Rail pressure, is that 3200 PSI? I think the rail is rated to 3K

I'm not sure what the weirdness on initial start is about, Would it have even made its way into the lines that fast? Others have reported as well but mine never skipped a beat.

Noticed any drop in KR activity or max?

Yeah maybe a misplaced decimal point on the STFT? As for the rail pressure, same thing with the decimal but why the huge jump from 2700 to 3200? I'm sure if he posted the full logs someone would love to dig into them. That is a massive increase in mileage, are you sure all the driving conditions where the same?
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

J-Will

Looks like something did get messed up when I merged the CSVs into a single file to look at the data.  I do not see numbers nearly that high individually.  As far as the driving conditions... they are close to the same, but not exactly identical. 

Stock Logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ph6l3i6zrb38lnl/AABtiMyGiK_VNQD7Toprggw3a?dl=0

ACES Logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tfuxxth1oxva7tp/AABlsUISybrUc2iFHYSNvaRXa?dl=0

I'll look to re-merge them again into a single file for each.  I'll do it manually this time, instead of using a CMD prompt command to do it for me :/
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

J-Will

I recompiled all the CSVs.  I originally had an error (it was actually with the way Excel manipulated the CSV when it was opened, which was my mistake for opening the CSV in Excel in the first place... but I was anxious to see the data.    Below are the averages from the logs. 

Engine coolant temperature (F)Short term fuel % trim - Bank 1 (%)Long term fuel % trim - Bank 1 (%)Short term fuel % trim - Bank 2 (%)Long term fuel % trim - Bank 2 (%)Intake manifold absolute pressure (inHg)Engine RPM (RPM)Ignition timing advance for #1 cylinder (deg)Fuel rail pressure (psi)Catalyst temperature (Bank 1 sensor 1) (F)Catalyst temperature (Bank 2 Sensor 1) (F)Fuel/Air commanded equivalence ratio
Stock183.4241-0.431747.428606-0.230398.95238313.123571237.9525.34733343.42471028.1971028.0890.981977
ACES IV185.0636-0.49016.48084-0.536369.46177416.685951538.10632.53542427.55131099.5341099.3770.986512
(Comparison Stock - ACES)-1.639450.0583560.9477660.305972-0.50939-3.56237-300.156-7.18808-84.1266-71.337-71.2884-0.00453
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AJP turbo

Im not sure what you will gather..the driving is different and will be hard to control on the street...in the data above...the rpm is different...map is different and spark is different....and i dont even see load which is important.....load would have to be the same as well as rpm and iat and coolant to make any kind of comparison
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

J-Will

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 25, 2016, 09:37:34 AM
Im not sure what you will gather..the driving is different and will be hard to control on the street...in the data above...the rpm is different...map is different and spark is different....and i dont even see load which is important.....load would have to be the same as well as rpm and iat and coolant to make any kind of comparison
Well no kidding man, I realize that I don't have a full lab and scientific process in place with all of the capabilities of performing multiple and redundant tests exactly the same. I identified that in my first post. Be realistic. 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

When I'm trying to test I will use a combination of WOT logs, Torque mins and maxes, experiences between the 2 cars, etc.

For example, my car starts up in a climate controlled garage so I watched fuel trims at startup and after the initial and subsequent ACES treatment they clearly moved backwards....and after startup and when the idle drops. Scientific proof? No. Different result than I'd noticed before? definitely.

I know that KR activity on the 2013 was definitely higher on that car with E25 VS the 2015 with E20 and ACES, which at this point doesn't exist. Performance of the two cars very similar comparing ET's and trap.

I know the only thing Torrie will look at when adjusting my tune are good WOT logs. Finding a safe, low traffic stretch is super helpful. Every log I send is on the same on ramp done usually after midnight.

AJP is blessed with tuning knowledge, time, and apparently an awesome wife that supports his datalogging/tuning habit so he definitely has the upper hand over most of the rest of us. Get him some good logs though and there's no one better on this forum to help interpret the results.

I will say having an X4 and the supplied software is a much better logging tool than any of the OBD platforms that I've seen. If you were contemplating a tune in the future buying the package now would probably help you even if you held off on the actual tune itself.

AJP turbo

Only thing i dont like about mins and max values over a random drive period is sometimes there values that are just anomalies like when u lift or step on the throttle ...transients....like you can have a well tuned car but get a -20 stft when u lift...it only lasts a split second and isnt a good representation of the fuel trims but it will be recorded in the logger

I like to throw out the extremes highs and lows that dont seem to follow suit with the averages
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 25, 2016, 09:10:24 PM
Only thing i dont like about mins and max values over a random drive period is sometimes there values that are just anomalies like when u lift or step on the throttle ...transients....like you can have a well tuned car but get a -20 stft when u lift...it only lasts a split second and isnt a good representation of the fuel trims but it will be recorded in the logger

I like to throw out the extremes highs and lows that dont seem to follow suit with the averages
I agree with that which is why I don't have mins and maxes for certain items. You were right about the LPFP ramping up on lift. Maxes are good for certain things, like KR. I'd like to have a min value for for Lambda but since the stream likes to drop out it's useless.

I'm really hoping the SCT GTX is the whole package, accurate data logging with useful e gauges that don't look a vintage LCD watch.