• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Weathertech or Husky

Started by BlueSHO, January 16, 2016, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

The large unprotected areas mainly at the threshold with the weathertechs is a main reason I went with the Huskies

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Joleat

I went with Huskies for a few reasons:

1 - Price
2 - I bought a vehicle with Huskies once and I remembered how easy they were to clean (This may be a moot point, but I do not have any experience with WeatherTech. However, based on how they appear in photos, they seem to have a rough texture. If that is the case, it seems like they might be harder to clean.)
3 - This may be a moot point as well since I haven't seen MKS/Taurus WeatherTechs in person, but in many pictures, WeatherTech seems to punch a hole in the mat where the carpet "hook" is. Husky, on the other hand, molds the hook shape into the mat so there is no chance slush can seep through.

Shameless plug: I have a full set (front, rear, and trunk) of black Huskies listed in the for sale section. I no longer have my MKS.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint