• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EBPF Carbon Cold Air Intake Group Buy

Started by MDesign Performance, March 04, 2016, 12:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

Quote from: MDesign on March 07, 2016, 01:17:19 AM
Quote from: 10bird on March 07, 2016, 12:53:00 AM
This would free up some room for a meth tank.

Definitely adds some room for a methanol tank up front!

if you have one of those in the works, I'd be interested!!
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

ZSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on March 07, 2016, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: Vortech347 on March 07, 2016, 11:08:51 AM
Any dyno charts before/after?

There is some stuff floating around the forums, looks to make enough power to justify a purchase from cheap asses like me. I stopped pumping significant amounts of cash into parts that don't make power years ago and am glad I did. I remember my Acrua RSX, I did all kinds of work to it, only to take it to the track and lose a few tenths LOL. Tune was not in my vocab at that time, nor where there inexpensive options for tuning. I will likely join this list, lets get 20 and save the shipping!
The fact of the matter is that the MDesign intake is sealed up to prevent heat soak is a big plus,not like other competitors which intakes are wide open and exposed to heat.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Quote from: ZSHO on March 07, 2016, 01:19:31 PM
Quote from: Scott4957 on March 07, 2016, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: Vortech347 on March 07, 2016, 11:08:51 AM
Any dyno charts before/after?

There is some stuff floating around the forums, looks to make enough power to justify a purchase from cheap asses like me. I stopped pumping significant amounts of cash into parts that don't make power years ago and am glad I did. I remember my Acrua RSX, I did all kinds of work to it, only to take it to the track and lose a few tenths LOL. Tune was not in my vocab at that time, nor where there inexpensive options for tuning. I will likely join this list, lets get 20 and save the shipping!
The fact of the matter is that the MDesign intake is sealed up to prevent heat soak is a big plus,not like other competitors which intakes are wide open and exposed to heat.  Z

Oh for sure. Hopefully I didn't make it sound like it was a mod that was not making power. Its the only intake that I am aware of that makes good gains. But back in the day when I was strapping all this stuff to an N/A 4 cyl and losing power, that sucked.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

MDesign Performance

This is a possibility ;)

Quote from: J-Will on March 07, 2016, 11:51:14 AM
if you have one of those in the works, I'd be interested!!

Oh not at all, just helping make the information easier to find for others to read! And that is true, you will see the most gains from a cold air intake on forced induction, supercharged and turbo'd vehicles.

Quote from: Scott4957 on March 07, 2016, 01:38:24 PM
Oh for sure. Hopefully I didn't make it sound like it was a mod that was not making power. Its the only intake that I am aware of that makes good gains. But back in the day when I was strapping all this stuff to an N/A 4 cyl and losing power, that sucked.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

mmh64

I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to buy a cai. This must be what I was waiting for. Looks nothing like what is currently out there and power gains on dyno also. I  changed my mind I want one.Is there still openings on the list to get in on this group buy?
2010 SHO, Livernois 93 4+x 3-bar tune.

MDesign Performance

Yes there is still openings, I can go ahead and add you to the list if you'd like like :thumb:

Quote from: mmh64 on March 09, 2016, 07:59:34 AM
I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to buy a cai. This must be what I was waiting for. Looks nothing like what is currently out there and power gains on dyno also. I  changed my mind I want one.Is there still openings on the list to get in on this group buy?
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

mmh64

Quote from: MDesign on March 09, 2016, 09:38:17 AM
Yes there is still openings, I can go ahead and add you to the list if you'd like like :thumb:

Great news. Yes, add me to the list. So you will PM a code to me and I  use that when I order on your website. Is that how it works?

Blackhawk

I was in the same boat, didn't feel the price for performance was there for CAI in general but I am a sucker for a group buy.

Quote from: MDesign on March 09, 2016, 09:38:17 AM

MDesign Performance

Yes that is correct, the coupon codes will go out March 18th, at that time you may check out via our website.

Quote from: mmh64 on March 09, 2016, 11:07:50 AM
Great news. Yes, add me to the list. So you will PM a code to me and I  use that when I order on your website. Is that how it works?

MDesign Performance

Last day bump!

Registration for the group big will end at 9:00 P.M. EST tonight!

Dxlnt1

Am interested in group buy of CAI. But I have a dilemma if you can work with me. My transmission apparently going out. Car goes to dealership next week. If I get too much static about repairs, cost, rental cars etc, I may be selling car. If I don't sell the car, then I would be interested in the CAI. Time frame dealing with dealer on large scale repairs (at least my experience with Ford) has been just over 3 weeks. Is that something you can work with? And still honor group price til end of April?
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

mmh64

Quote from: MDesign on March 09, 2016, 01:34:39 PM
Yes that is correct, the coupon codes will go out March 18th, at that time you may check out via our website.

Quote from: mmh64 on March 09, 2016, 11:07:50 AM
where do I  find this cupon code? I checked my messages didn't see it.

Dxlnt1

This group buy got by me. I didn't notice it till last night. I may have been too late anyway. Oh well.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

Hopefully he got enough people signed up to make the group buy price an "everyone" price, just get in touch with him via PM/EMail etc.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Syndicate1924