• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EBPF Carbon Cold Air Intake Group Buy

Started by MDesign Performance, March 04, 2016, 12:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 24, 2016, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: Leadfoot on March 24, 2016, 12:17:04 PM
Has there been HP comparison between the stock box and this CAI?

I believe MDesign has posted some comparisons.... Not sure if it's compared to stock. While tuning can make a difference, the stock intake appears to offer all the air the 3.5TT can use based on my comparison dynos comparing OEM filter and air box against the same car on the same day with the entire air box and intake removed... So the air intake went directly into the saxophone where the removed OEM was disconnected ( and removed). With stock tuning there was +/- 2-3 AWHP and TQ on multiple comparison runs using my car. Several users with Airaid and K&N have reported losing about .1sec in the quarter which they got back on the same day by reinstalling the OEM filter and box.

That said... The dyno shows no HP or TQ loss with the MDesign in my car... I had gen one, and now have gen two.  I love the appearance, the ability to check my tranny fluid without any R&R (OEM box must be removed to do this), the space it made for my future meth setup, and the increased boost sounds. The only change I recommend considering is using SS clamps instead of the supplied standard hose clamps... That was personal preference to match the clamps on my black hotpipes.

Definitely need to get the new badge/plate,looks mighty purdy.  Z   ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

BiGMaC has also observed the tailpipes seem to remain freer of soot with the MDesign intake, reason unknown.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Leadfoot

2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.