• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Downpipe install

Started by Brandon2525, March 05, 2016, 12:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon2525

Hey guys doing the down pipe install all the bolts came out of the rear turbo but two of the studs are stuck in the front and won't come out any ideas?

AJP turbo

Why do you want the studs out?..my turbos were all studded....they remained for my dp install
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Did you spray some PB Blaster liberally on the bolts and let it soak for a while prior before removal of the bolts?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

As ajp says... You don't need to remove the turbos to install the downpipes. Here's pics of my instal of the PPE DPs
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2054.msg28591.html#msg28591

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Brandon2525

Yea 4 out of the 6 bolts and studs came out when I unscrewed the bolts

AJP turbo

Im not sure what u mean...bolts and studs are different...did u have bolts or studs?...leave the studs that are in and any that came out just put them back in..use nuts and studs
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

J-Will

Sounds like you should order upgraded turbos and knock that install out now too :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap