• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Old car eco swap

Started by Piddler, March 03, 2016, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piddler

I am looking to buy a 1956 station wagon. I love the style but would like to upgrade the performance and fuel milage.
My question is; has anyone know of an ecoboost swap to these model cars?

Scott4957

I have seen a few members on here that have done or are in the process of a 3.5eb swap into classic cars. I don't know much about the details, but I am sure someone will chime in.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

AJP turbo

"A 1956 station wagon"?...is there only 1 kind? Lol...so you will be logging a ton of miles on your 1956 station wagon resto mod to the point that fuel mileage is important lol?

Get the wagon first then go spend 20 grand on an ecoboost motor,trans, and control pack and odds and ends
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Piddler

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 03, 2016, 10:51:47 PM
"A 1956 station wagon"?...is there only 1 kind? Lol...so you will be logging a ton of miles on your 1956 station wagon resto mod to the point that fuel mileage is important lol?

Get the wagon first then go spend 20 grand on an ecoboost motor,trans, and control pack and odds and ends
Glad I could bring some humor to your day.

I have not dealt with the old Fords for a lot of years and there have been a lot of changes since I owned my last one. That is why I joined this forum.

Yes, I like the style of the old wagons. I would like to build a car that is reliable and up to some interstate driving. I don't know what engine I might use. I might even stick to the 292 Y block if I can determine that it meets my needs. I posted the question in order to get suggestions and advice.

I do not expect to spend twenty grand on the swap. There are donor cars out there and with some careful research they can be had for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the feed back, Pete

SHO_Enuff

Don't mind ajpturbo he seems to be the token "know it all forums have. You go ahead research you'll find it has been done.

66 Galaxie

Quote from: Piddler on March 05, 2016, 08:38:35 AM
Quote from: ajpturbo on March 03, 2016, 10:51:47 PM

Glad I could bring some humor to your day.

I have not dealt with the old Fords for a lot of years and there have been a lot of changes since I owned my last one. That is why I joined this forum.

Yes, I like the style of the old wagons. I would like to build a car that is reliable and up to some interstate driving. I don't know what engine I might use. I might even stick to the 292 Y block if I can determine that it meets my needs. I posted the question in order to get suggestions and advice.

I do not expect to spend twenty grand on the swap. There are donor cars out there and with some careful research they can be had for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the feed back, Pete

Could easily do a good old 5.0 swap without spending too much if you just want some power and reliability.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Piddler

Reliability and enough power to get me down the road with traffic is what I am looking for. And, yes, fuel mileage. I plan to use the car for some traveling and I do not want to stop every 100 miles to get gas.

None of my cars have been garage queens. I drive them and use them. I like something different and all of the new cars look the same. I might even pull my Aliner camper. After a brake upgrade of course.

Thanks for the feedback, Pete

14SHOCAR

I hate to go there, but unless you have a 3.5L Ecoboost laying around, you'd be much better off with a LS1 swap. They cost the same, have 8 cylinders, exhaust that sounds great, and get close to the same fuel economy as a 3.5L.

LS1 = 14-15 mpg tuned
3.5LEB = 17-18 when tuned
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

f8tlSHO

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on March 08, 2016, 04:56:14 PM
I hate to go there, but unless you have a 3.5L Ecoboost laying around, you'd be much better off with a LS1 swap. They cost the same, have 8 cylinders, exhaust that sounds great, and get close to the same fuel economy as a 3.5L.

LS1 = 14-15 mpg tuned
3.5LEB = 17-18 when tuned
17-18 in the city
I have logged 25-26 on the highway.. Pretty good for all that power
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq