• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BC Racing USA coilovers for 2013+ SHO

Started by SHOFan808, February 29, 2016, 06:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

Yeah, BC are a step up from Megan's. Not to knock Megan. I've had their coilovers on more than one car. They are a good buy for the money. They served me well in both cars. Never had any issues. The BC have a wider shock body than the Megan's. They also have the adjustable strut mounts which I really like. The BC stuff is also rebuildable. All the replacement parts are said to be available. Pretty sure that's not the case with Megan. But I'm not sure. Either way, they will be here on Friday. Won't be able do install until next Saturday. Probably going to do down pipes while I have it up.

GIGANTORE

I sent a message to the seller amazon seller of the BCs. I wanted to confirm that the coilovers he sent were compatible with the SHO. Wasnt sure if it was a different model than for the regular Taurus. Heres his response..

Hello,
the E-30 kit will fit on the 2014 Ford Taurus SHO. Just make sure the chassis code of the vehicle is D3.

Regards,
Ed

I looked on the sticker in the door and dont see the chassis code. Can anyone confirm?

ZSHO

DG is the suspension code on the 13+ SHO IIRC .Z
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XvHbCbv83yYAPVNjPuFKBaMe7MUt9XlU/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

Quote from: ZSHO on November 07, 2017, 01:27:36 PM
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XvHbCbv83yYAPVNjPuFKBaMe7MUt9XlU/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks man. But I dont see it on the attachment. What specific page are you looking at?

ZSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 07, 2017, 01:42:06 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 07, 2017, 01:27:36 PM

Thanks man. But I dont see it on the attachment. What specific page are you looking at?
The Vin number should have DG on it whch is the suspension code.  Z
Sorry hate typing on my phone
Lol. 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

GIGANTORE

[/quote]The Vin number should have DG on it whch is the suspension code.  Z
Lol.
[/quote]

There is no "DG" in my VIN
1FAHP2KT0EG136456

ZSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 07, 2017, 01:57:47 PM

The Vin number should have DG on it whch is the suspension code.  Z
Lol.
[/quote]

There is no "DG" in my VIN
1FAHP2KT0EG136456
[/quote]Im on the road and will check soon.  Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hq8ECh52nAEYU-ngT1DYBfTOlzPEdDtU/view?usp=drivesdk

ZSHO

GIGANTORE

Thanks Z. Unfortunately I dont see anything on there that tells me the chassis/suspension code. Maybe Im retarded?

sholxgt

Our chassis code is D3.  It's a fairly all encompassing chassis code that includes the Flex, Explorer, Taurus, MKS, MKT, etc.

I wouldn't think that the same coilover could be used on every D3 vehicle, but not sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D3_platform
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FoMoCoSHO

On 2011 Taurus alone, there are 5 different suspension codes.

I found this out researching options to replace the marshmallow ride in the Lincoln.

sholxgt

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 08, 2017, 11:55:45 PM
On 2011 Taurus alone, there are 5 different suspension codes.

I found this out researching options to replace the marshmallow ride in the Lincoln.

My Lincoln is stiff as heck!  Sport setting is too stiff for anything other than pretty serious driving.

Did the 2011 not have adjustable firmness?  If it does, your struts might just be worn out.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 08, 2017, 04:15:43 PM
Thanks Z. Unfortunately I dont see anything on there that tells me the chassis/suspension code. Maybe Im retarded?
I must be the retarded one as been :banghead: on this one as it can be downright confusing.  :-\
I found this on the BC Site! link below. Z

BC Racing
BC Racing 2010-2016 Ford Taurus BR Series Coilovers (E-30-BR)-
$995.00
Your Vehicle:
Ford Taurus 2014   Change Vehicle
Change Options
Item #:E-30-BR
Mfg Part #:E-30-BR
UPC #:790725424907
EAN #:0790725424907
Additional Information
CHASSIS CODE: P3
Extreme Drop Kit:No
Mount Type:No
Swift Coilover Springs:No
BC Racing Rear Extenders:No

https://www.bcracingpower.com/product/2010-2016-ford-taurus-br-series-coilovers-e-30-br

GIGANTORE

Thanks Z. I did confirm with the rep at BC that these will fit the SHO. Thanks for your help

glock-coma

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 09, 2017, 12:08:10 PM
Thanks Z. I did confirm with the rep at BC that these will fit the SHO. Thanks for your help
When I was shopping for coilovers I also confirmed with BC
That these will only fit the 2013-2016.
They haven't updated their site yet. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)