• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BC Racing USA coilovers for 2013+ SHO

Started by SHOFan808, February 29, 2016, 06:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOFan808

Okay everyone, I was digging around on web sites while at work last week and saw bcracingusa.com which showed coilovers for Ford, but none for the SHO.  I sent a message regarding the 2013+ SHO and spoke with Josh.  See attached photo.  I called today and he confirmed they do have a coilover kit for our SHOs.  Josh said that it should be up on the web site by tomorrow.  If for some reason it's not, you can call him directly at 877-302-3320 ext. 1.  Prices for the coilovers in the continental US is $995 shipped, Hawaii is $1105 shipped.  Canada is $1395 shipped.  I was heading to an appointment when I was on the phone with Josh, so I didn't get to ask about the specs on their suspension.  He gave me permission to share this with all of you, so I hope this helps anyone wanting more than just lowering springs.  I'm excited, but for me, I won't be able to purchase these until late this summer.  Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Need to make sure they are aware the mounting is different for 2010-12 vs 2013+.  Part of what has been the holdup with Megan's product.  Any idea what the warranty (and quality) is like?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

I despise suspension company websites. Theirs included.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

SHO T1M3

Quote from: SHO T1M3 on June 19, 2016, 10:49:00 AM
http://www.shoforum.com/index.php?threads/13-15-sho-coilover-prototype.131410/page-2

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Refer to page 2-3 (computer) or 3-5 (Tapatalk app)... BC Racing claims their kit fits the 2010-2016 SHO's suspension. I wouldn't trust it unless you get in writing that they will refund all expenses incurred by purchasing the kit if it doesn't fit (2013+). Even after I sent them pics of my steering knuckle (my 2013 is significantly different from 2010-12) they say it will work.

SHO T1M3

On a side note. They still don't have the kit on their site. I've only seen it on eBay.

CroR1

you know eBay will reimburse buyer if the product does not fit. I would not worry about that. It is pretty pricey if you ask me, but than I can say that I am extremely happy with the H&Rs. I don't think I would like it any lower, although, some pics of the cars recently I saw on here with the coilovers, I must say look good.

SHOFan808

Thanks for the update.  Yeah I would be pretty pissed to get it only to see it won't work at the shop and having to put the stock ones back on and then spending money for the labor plus getting another alignment done. 

I remember talking to the guy on the phone and I kept telling him how the suspension on the 2013+ is different from the 2010-2012.  He told me that they knew about that and assured me these would work on my 2014. 

I suppose they would have to give me a money back guarantee if I bit the bullet on those.  Otherwise it's not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

shweetpickens

Ok waiting on the first person to get these installed and report back! Somebody take one for the team lol

GIGANTORE

Quote from: shweetpickens on June 30, 2016, 12:21:13 PM
Ok waiting on the first person to get these installed and report back! Somebody take one for the team lol

Unless anyone else can confirm, I might be th first. Should be getting them next week or the following.

sholxgt

Looking forward to hearing what you think of them!  GL
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

bamsho

I thjink Todd Weaver has these installed for replacement of his Megans.  Also has a heavier rear spring too.   BC makes these for Megan, BC is actually an upgraded over Megans.  Hey has the Swift upgrade springs too.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

sholxgt

Quote from: bamsho on November 06, 2017, 11:16:25 AM
BC makes these for Megan, BC is actually an upgraded over Megans. 

I've been researching BC coilovers for a different car and what you said appears to be true.  BC actually makes multiple brands of "lower" end coilovers and they save their best stuff for their BC Racing label.  They also have multiple levels and the BR series are their lowest.  I'm looking at the DR series.

I say low end because all of these are budget coilovers.  The high quality stuff can be $4k, 5k....$12K.  BC Racing is probably good enough for my needs.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106