• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO Front Bumper

Started by SHOGuy026, March 04, 2016, 08:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOGuy026

Hey guys, just picked up a 2010 SHO and when I purchased it the bumper clip wasn't attached properly to the car. I got a lower price on the car because of it but I want to see if its something I can fix myself. I tried looking at the removal thread I found but I wasn't able to figure out how the bumper clip is attached to the "black blucky plastic piece" that's attached to the inner fender. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the noobness. First ford ive owned.

I included a picture of what im talking about.

SHOdded

Hope this helps:

Item  Part Number  Description 
1  W705436  Front bumper cover pin-type retainer (2 required) 
2  W711685  Front bumper cover bolt (4 required) 
3  W706805  Fender splash shield screws (6 required) 
4  17D957  Front bumper cover 
5  W707050  Front bumper bolt (8 required) 
6  17750  Front bumper 
7  W705436  Front bumper cover-to-front bumper cover mounting bracket scrivets 
8  W714628  Front bumper cover mounting bracket bolt 
9  17D958-A RH/ 17D959-A LH  Front bumper cover mounting bracket 
10  8B407  Lower air deflector 
11  W706092  Rear lower air deflector pin-type retainer (3 required) 
12  W505416  Lower air deflector bolt (7 required) 
13  —  Fender splash shield-to-lower air deflector bolt (2 required) 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOGuy026

yes that is definitely the part, i guess I'm not sure how the bumper attaches to that piece. I guess what i will do is take a picture of the current situation with the bumper and then maybe i can give a visual as to wants going on and how to fix it.

Blackhawk

Mine keeps coming unclipped at the same spot.  I havent had it apart yet to see if it was the bumper of the clip that is broken.

glock-coma

Quote from: Blackhawk on March 04, 2016, 02:25:25 PM
Mine keeps coming unclipped at the same spot.  I havent had it apart yet to see if it was the bumper of the clip that is broken.

bpd1151 put together a pretty good "how to" For this.

How-To" Remove (2010-12) SHO Front Bumper.....
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=521
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOGuy026

This is what it looks like. I can push it in but it just pops back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glock-coma

Your prob going to have to remove the entire bumper and check for damages or torn out mounting holes.

Your pic looks like the rear bumper. Is it front or rear your talking about.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Mrs FoMoCoSHO just told me it is one hour of labor at the dealership to R&R the front bumper.

It seemed much worse in my mind, lol....

I've been dreaming of grill uprades.

bpd1151

It's simply a track / rail to which the bumper cover's edge just fits over, & hangs onto that black piece.

It's a really simple design common across many platforms. Not difficult to use at all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SHOGuy026

It's the front bumper, hmmm 1 HR of Labor I'd be ok with. Maybe when the summer rolls around I'll bring it in and ask.  Track and Rail got it, I've just never seen it before. Maybe my track and rail piece is missing something. In any case I mcguyvered  it for now. Was a pain but it's better then it was. Maybe when it's warmer out I'll take it in and see if the dealer can refit it.

SHOGuy026

Ok got some pics! After some zip ties and careful tight spot wrenching it looks great. Not perfect but hey!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!