• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Offset Question

Started by akakooper, February 29, 2016, 04:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akakooper

Afternoon,
This is more directed at the flex folks on here since there are not many MKT peeps doing mods.  I have a 2011 MKT Ecoboost.  I have been looking at custom rims for a long time.  Usually takes me forever to find the right rim.  As most of us know, the offset of the factory oem rim is 39.  A rim that is the front runner in my search is a 22x9 et20.  Now I know that will push the rim toward the fender more - this I'm fine with as I'm trying to get a more aggressive stance.  I used willtheyfit.com to get an idea of just how far.  Here is the calculation

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 6.3mm further away from the suspension strut.   The outer rim will poke out 31.7mm more than before.

31.7mm pushed further toward the fender or about 1.25 inches. 

Here is my question, with an offset at 20, what kind of risk am I looking at on the hub and suspension components?  If I pull the trigger on the rims, I will also install the H&R springs.  I talked with a guy who designed a Lincoln MKT for Sema a few years back.  He stated he felt the MKT had better driving characteristics on the H&R and 22"s.  He was running a 35 offset.  Any feedback you may have is greatly appreciated.   
2011 Black Lincoln MKT Ecoboost.  R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, H&R Springs, 22x9 Verde Parallax Wheels, 265/35r22 pirelli scorpion asimmetrico, painted calipers.  Gone are the 24s!! 

2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6l on 22"s