• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Explorer Sport Dyno livernois 93oct.

Started by HPandFAB, February 14, 2016, 01:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HPandFAB

So I went to my brothers shop yesterday and threw down 309 whp on his dyno dynamics dyno. Of course these tend to read lower than the dyno jet numbers by 12-18%...so I'm pretty happy with the results. They were just running hp numbers that day so no torque numbers. We should be installing the update on the dyno and getting some real numbers shortly. Then time to build some dp's and start building it up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jtrain

This is with a tune? Don't these tuners claim some huge torque numbers?

This is what I would expect out of stock numbers. I think my dyno on a mustang was about 360 with 400 torque. I got my money back because it was so far short of what was advertised.

If you want to blame that on the dyno, go ahead, but yikes.
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

HPandFAB

Quote from: Jtrain on February 14, 2016, 02:37:14 PM
This is with a tune? Don't these tuners claim some huge torque numbers?

This is what I would expect out of stock numbers. I think my dyno on a mustang was about 360 with 400 torque. I got my money back because it was so far short of what was advertised.

If you want to blame that on the dyno, go ahead, but yikes.
This is wheel horsepower not crank...these things are 365 hp at the crank stock. On a jet I would have made that to the wheel or at least close to it. There is no torque reading on this run...I'm pretty sure these only make like 280 to the wheel stock. Check the video below too. This is a livernois 93 tune as well. I have went 13.5 in the 1/4 and stock it went 14.4
And we have proven the horsepower differences on many vehicles from a local dyno jet to our dyno dynamics.
https://youtu.be/MMjSPV_FOOU

Here's a baseline:
https://youtu.be/_bS7Aq2ltMg

Jtrain

You right,

I had to pull up my old dispute with Lund (they pulled down the dyno sheet the used to advertise, what a farse) I see I pulled 280 or so, and hated it. (Since they claimed 320 with 380 torque, and I got 280 with 300 torque)

I'm not brave enough to go back on a dyno with this thing again. I'd be happy with 300 on a bad dyno. good on ya.

2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

HPandFAB

Ya I'm going to test the limits of this eventually. I seen the tranny and ecu have problems past 550whp.

AJP turbo

Quote from: HPandFAB on February 15, 2016, 05:56:24 PM
Ya I'm going to test the limits of this eventually. I seen the tranny and ecu have problems past 550whp.

What problems does the ecu have?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

HPandFAB

There was a post by mtxpert (youtube channel) where he said the ecu did not like the power the vehicle was making on the street. This was after he made 600whp. I'll only know for myself once I see it. We are building a 2014 flex here shortly.

AJP turbo

Ok...doubtful it had anything to do with the power....there are probably no less than 1000 reasons the ecu will close the throttle in these cars unless properly tuned

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

HPandFAB

There is not a lot of people building the Explorer and flex  platforms that high so just going off what has been done. Like I said we will see when we get there. There is a lot of work to do before we get there so I'm sure we'll find the answer.

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

HPandFAB

I'm sure we'll be fine...been doing it for a while and have several cars over that Power level. Just curious what does your car make for power?

AJP turbo

Quote from: HPandFAB on February 15, 2016, 07:32:58 PM
I'm sure we'll be fine...been doing it for a while and have several cars over that Power level. Just curious what does your car make for power?

Have you been tuning the transverse 3.5 ecoboost?

About 394hp/464tq on a dynojet

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

HPandFAB

Nope, just starting on them we mostly have been in imports with the exception of some turbo domestics. We had a dyno day and a few ecoboost 3.5's came to play and want more than the 350 they put down on our dyno dynamics. Plus I want to make mine more powerful. My brother is a pretty knowledgeable tuner.

AJP turbo

Be warned the tuning will torment you if you are a perfectionist which im sure you will say you are...but good fof you if you are doing it for customers they wont know the difference...a few may

I was on the dyno in the fall...ive made some substantial improvements and discoveries lately so i plan on going back to see what they yield ...im hoping for 410-420hp and 480-500 tq with no meth..and maybe low 12's in the 1/4 but i may be dreaming i dunno

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

HPandFAB

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 15, 2016, 07:49:49 PM
Be warned the tuning will torment you if you are a perfectionist which im sure you will say you are...but good fof you if you are doing it for customers they wont know the difference...a few may

I was on the dyno in the fall...ive made some substantial improvements and discoveries lately so i plan on going back to see what they yield ...im hoping for 410-420hp and 480-500 tq with no meth..and maybe low 12's in the 1/4 but i may be dreaming i dunno
I'd say we are...we have one of four dsm's in the world in the 7's. The new ford's are a pita which more recently we found out on the 2013 ford Mustang gt we built....

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do on this platform.