• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cutouts

Started by 16xsport, February 12, 2016, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

If you have OBDFusion that came with the Kiwi you can do some logging but the only graphing you will get is on the device or a csv file which is a pita to read without graphs. OBDfusion is AKA OBDlink and I have a thread with my current setup in the datalog section. Logging looks pretty straightforward let me know if I need to walk you through it.

Someone recently put up a page that will auto convert any CSV file to a graph so that is an option as well. Maybe someone with a better memory will post the link.

The OBD programs are handy for some things like basic troubleshooting and pretty gauges but they lack the resolution and software package SCT offers. For a problem where things are happening very quickly (high rpm miss for example) and you need to log many parameters SCT is the only way to go IMHO. You might want to consider buying a used X3 or X4 for logging.

I run Torque, Dashcommand, and currently OBDlink (Fusion) for basic stuff and gauges but when logging for a tune or if I had a critical issue i would fire up the X4.

FoMoCoSHO

The PID list in OBDFusion/Link is pretty sparse so you will need to manually enter some pids you need.

FoMoCoSHO

Another thing you might want to consider.

Your X is behaving the same way mine did at the track when it blew the shift point and smacked the limiter.

Shift point and rev limit are two different scalars and I noticed you say you are shifting at 6500? On the stock tune the shift point is low 6K and the limiter is at 6400

Is it possible your shift point was moved but your limiter wasn't?

16xsport

I misspoke when I said 6500, it was around 6000. If I am in manual mode and I hit the shift right at redline its fine but a second too slow and it feels like it is hitting the limiter. This issue is slightly different than the initial issue so I think it was safe to say it was just crap fuel that caused the initial issue. I just downloaded Dash Commander and that seems a lot better than the OBD fusion app.

I do like SCT and I may consider buying the GTX when it comes out but as of now I haven't been able to find a tune offered for anything over the 14 explorer. I loved my Diabosport trinity and being able to adjust my own tune to how I like it as well as when I was tuning with my AEM unit.
2016 xsport - VTA, Quicktime Performance Cutouts, 3Bar MAP, Livernois Tune, 180 deg Thermostat, K&N filter, Lamin-x headlight and fog covers, JL 10W7, Rockford T-1000bd

To-do... Everything? is that an answer?

FoMoCoSHO

I have run Dashcommand and the stock Tux dash is awesome and very fast. once you start creating custom gauges they are slower AKA Torque.

The OBDLink/Fusion is very fast and quite flexible if you want to make some gauges that flow better with the interior.

My current setup is attached. There is a small learning curve but once you get the hang and save multiple gauge setups it goes pretty quickly and its simple to change the gauge function once it's built without any hiccups.

wasinger3000

Quote from: 16xsport on February 18, 2016, 08:22:04 PM
I misspoke when I said 6500, it was around 6000. If I am in manual mode and I hit the shift right at redline its fine but a second too slow and it feels like it is hitting the limiter. This issue is slightly different than the initial issue so I think it was safe to say it was just crap fuel that caused the initial issue. I just downloaded Dash Commander and that seems a lot better than the OBD fusion app.

I do like SCT and I may consider buying the GTX when it comes out but as of now I haven't been able to find a tune offered for anything over the 14 explorer. I loved my Diabosport trinity and being able to adjust my own tune to how I like it as well as when I was tuning with my AEM unit.

Your Xsport can be custom turned by any notable SCT dealer and custom tune writer. Such as Unleashed Tuning.

If you are going to SCT's site and seeing that they only offer it for a 14 or older is because they only offer canned tunes for 14 or older. You don't want or need an official SCT tune.

Although I could also be miss reading what your intention is.

Sent using smoke signals.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

16xsport

Gotcha, so any tune can be loaded into an SCT. I know of the SCT just never used one before.
2016 xsport - VTA, Quicktime Performance Cutouts, 3Bar MAP, Livernois Tune, 180 deg Thermostat, K&N filter, Lamin-x headlight and fog covers, JL 10W7, Rockford T-1000bd

16xsport

Update, Got the V5 tune from Livernois, seems to have solved the issue.

SHOdded

Great to hear!  Any idea what was updated to help resolve the issue?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Seems like people that have after market free flowing exhaust are aboe to hear some of these high rpm tune problems that may exist

Couple different platforms now seems to have this going on....it just seems odd how tune revisions seem to clear it up on multiple platforms

Im confused though on lms' stance...because i always see how there is nothing wrong with the tune and how lms says they have thousands of them out there but on the other hand people are being offered tune revisions to remedy the problem
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I know a while back they had issues with the CW Tunes which was remedied by closing the throttle blade at various points and open it much slower to keep from having the issue with winter blend gas,just a thought.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on March 11, 2016, 10:56:30 PM
I know a while back they had issues with the CW Tunes which was remedied by closing the throttle blade at various points and open it much slower to keep from having the issue with winter blend gas,just a thought.  Z

That excuse would not fly with me...but whatever its not even worth arguing over....my throttle is open all the time regardless of cold temps

Im really getting sick and tired of hearing lms talk about the fuel system being maxxed out on pump gas at the low levels of boost they run on their 3 bar tunes

Maybe the average person will buy that bs but i know better...and when anyone suggest they run harder than lms they will just say its not safe and thats garbage too

Id have much more respect for lms if they just said the level of power that is available with our tune is the most we are comfortable releasing in a mass produced non custom tune rather than saying they are running the fuel system at max capacity which is wrong

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

BlueSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 11, 2016, 11:16:14 PM

That excuse would not fly with me...but whatever its not even worth arguing over....my throttle is open all the time regardless of cold temps

Im really getting sick and tired of hearing lms talk about the fuel system being maxxed out on pump gas at the low levels of boost they run on their 3 bar tunes

Maybe the average person will buy that bs but i know better...and when anyone suggest they run harder than lms they will just say its not safe and thats garbage too

Id have much more respect for lms if they just said the level of power that is available with our tune is the most we are comfortable releasing in a mass produced non custom tune rather than saying they are running the fuel system at max capacity which is wrong
Hello, I don't really know you but constantly see you bashing LMS. Have you been tuning ecoboosts long or have a shop? I'd love to have you tune my SHO or maybe even my Lightning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

It is what it is my good friend AJ,think you need to turn the page.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Quote from: ZSHO on March 11, 2016, 11:35:25 PM

It is what it is my good friend.  Z     :)

I suppose...guess i should get over it...it shouldnt bother me because im not even a customer but it bugs me when it looks like lms doesnt even want to give the people a chance when they say they are having issues with the tune..i would be open to ideas and suggestions rather than saying it simply cant be the tune then issue revisions

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress