• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3.5 Eco Swap, ECM ISSUES. ANY HELP ?

Started by SJfastback, January 26, 2016, 02:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJfastback

Greetings everyone, New to the forum here.

I been working on doing a swap with a 11' 3.5 eco drivetrain into a 67 fastback. recently got the harness back with it being all done up properly. Having trouble with the computer itself and making it work. Does anyone know of a company that could help. Hotwire auto stated they could make it work but, outsources the computer to livernoise which is having issues. Currently they are having issues bypassing the security/abs.

Currently I am open to suggestions. I will be staying with Direct injection though.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Vortech347

Maybe Ford Racing can help? They've used the engines in a few race cars.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

Try talking to Black Market Racing, they might know who can help.
http://www.blackmarketracing.net/

A guy was working on a similar project for his F100:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4279
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4202

He has his own project thread on another forum ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SJfastback

Ford racing won't be any help at all. I have been in contact with them for about a year and a half in regards to their power pack that just recently finally hit market. They won't tell you how to make it work even though they do so with their other projects.

Vortech347

Quote from: SJfastback on January 26, 2016, 03:14:47 PM
Ford racing won't be any help at all. I have been in contact with them for about a year and a half in regards to their power pack that just recently finally hit market. They won't tell you how to make it work even though they do so with their other projects.

Well that's stupid.  You're doing a project that will help sell the ecoboost.  You'd think they would be all over at least selling you the products that will make your project work.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

wasinger3000

Friend of mine is doing this turbo 5.0 swap and he was able to get everything working correctly. You can reach out to him for some help. I believe he works with HP tuners as well.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98489&page=36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Sabtaj1

did you ever get this to work??  Just a thought....  I watched a recent episode of Fast N Loud where they put a hellcat motor in an dart.  Not sure if you saw it or not.  But it had a push button start and the computer would not activate to fire the coils due to the security bypass nor read anything from the computer when plugged in to see what it was doing.  The problem being that when there is a push button start it need to sense that the key fob is inside the car in order to bypass the security.  Not sure what they did to get around it but this may be something you have to do.  I don't know if the 11 model has this or not but just an idea. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

gladams

Try horsepower TV. I do believe they are doing one now.
2013 SHO mineral gray,  airaid CAI, Corsa exhaust
Traded the 2014 Fusion Titanium for........
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

SJfastback

From what I'm told, the security feature can be turned off by a tuner. My current obstacle is the fuel system. From what I'm told, I have to use the factory fuel system as it can't be removed or programmed in the computer. So fuel pump is part of the sending unit and the fuel pump module has to be incorporated into it as well. I need to research the wiring diagram. I was told that the push button would work.

AJP turbo

I thought ford racing has a control pack?..or id get a complete wire harness from a similar donor vehicle..

Id say the intank pump is the least of your problem...it looks like you can change the tune if you are proficient to run any kind of fuel system you want...but where will you mount iniectors?

You need a controller that can run DI
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SJfastback

I'm using a stock 3.5 f150 ecoboost. Ford just started selling the harness but, it's for a manual setup and you still have to figure out a fuel system setup for that. I was told I can use the stock fuel system and that'll do the trick. I'm keeping the current DI setup so why would I have to remount the injectors ?