• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois Tune Madness on "Winter Blend"

Started by 14SHOCAR, January 26, 2016, 02:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

I log around 30 PID's when I log. I don't see how you can do that without SCT. And to be thorough when trying to diagnose something I would log as much as possible.

I would be interested in STFT's, measured AFR,  Actual throttle angle, Fuel pressure at the rail, Misfire count, Knock senor, TIP and MAP pressure, in addition to normal things like RPM, Coolant temp, gear, IAT's, vehicle speed and spark and cam timing intake actul..

Popping can't be good and means something. I doubt the higer E would be a problem but the more you have the more your stft's and ltft's would read.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

bamsho

It's cause they put butane in winter gas so I helps to vaporize more easily in winter.  Summer blends don't do it.  Also +13 cars seem to be more fuel sensitive than the 10-12 cars.  My '12 didn't do it, but the '13 does.  I've changed plugs, coils, tighten clamps.  Not panicking here.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOnUup

Have a local buddy who was experiencing a little "breaking up" during WOT at high rpms...finally got him to load the 91 V9 tune. All is fine on that file........

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

What MY vehicle is he running, SHOnUup? 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlackJac

Yeah, I have a similar issue, but only when on the highway (60-80 mph), and do a hard kick-down to pass. It bogs down a couple seconds, blow out some black smoke, then starts to get moving. This started with 93 performance V4 on my 2015 XSport. Never had this issue with V3. Stock plugs were gapped at 2000 miles to .030", now at 18000 miles.

Straight line acceleration is fine.

I was told winter blend and try dropping the tune down to 91 perf v4.

I just switched to 91 perf v4 and it did it to me again. I'm going to try this one a little longer to see if it keeps doing it, then switch back to 93 perf v3 and see how it is.

I have always run the same (busy) station 93 Shell fuel.

On top of it, I have also been having issues with my tuner "programming interrupted, return to factory settings" (which takes about 6 tries to get to. Just received my 3rd tuner (first 2 had the same issue) which has worked going to the 91 tune without issue so far. Anthony has been great with helping me out with the tuner issue.
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Livernois Motorsports

Guys the thing to keep in mind is that, like BAM said, there are several additives present in winter fuels that have different thermal properties from your normal fueling. These thermal characteristics will attribute to the quirks in your tuning. Driving especially aggressively WILL only exacerbate these issues. There is no logging required, only some restraint.

The facts are that the base fuel present in the car is already inferior VS "regular" fuel that is available the other 8 months of the year, and then you are demanding the same performance from it...impossible. Adding insult to injury, E85 was added which is now 40% less volume. Inferior fuel+lower volume fuel+demanding more fuel+driving aggressively+a platform that is still starved for fuel=less than desirable driving characteristics.

I get that making a thread like this is great for a business looking more daily unique eyeballs, but it is slightly disingenuous to blame the tune. The right foot and fueling equation is what is causing the "issues". From day one we have advised AGAINST using E85 on a non-flex fuel platform. Even clients, like SHOnUup, that have displayed several successful results still hear from us that we would really prefer he didn't use E85.

SHOnUup

Those looks I get at CAD...they could melt the soul. Lol

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 27, 2016, 09:51:18 AMThose looks I get at CAD...they could melt the soul. Lol

You are quite the soul melter there Rich.

No homo.

bamsho

2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

Livernois Motorsports

bpd1151

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 27, 2016, 10:56:56 AM
Quote from: bamsho on January 27, 2016, 10:43:56 AM
Ok we need a group hug, ahhhhh.

Looks like Jaime's posing for Rich here, while Rich is moving in for that group hug..... check out the smirk on Rich's face...

Bow chicka wow wow.

Weirdos.

bamsho

Weirdos, huh.  Your right there with us. 

SHOnUup

bamsho