• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Turbo leaking oil

Started by pmezo33, January 19, 2016, 12:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

I had a slight smell, but it wasn't overbearing.

I dropped the rear subframe, that was easiest imho. But others may think otherwise.

Matter of personal preference I suppose, as to how one chooses to making access less challenging.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pmezo33

My smell isn't overbearing either. Just noticeable after driving on the highway then coming to a complete stop.  The smell becomes noticeable for a few seconds then goes away.  Don't notice at all if moving or I turn the outside air circulation off. More annoying than anything.

ZSHO

I did my bro's rear turbo line a while back and spent more time on my back than anything i ever worked on,like othere's have mentioned be prepared for some obstacles and surely its not an easy task,hopefully you have a 2nd car to get to the Lincoln dealer just in case.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Blackhawk

Hrm I catch a whiff of oil every once in a while on my 2011, maybe I should run over to the dealer to have them check it out.

pmezo33

Got the lower lines in.

Now working on the upper line on the front turbo.  Got the banjo bolt out that connects to the turbo, but trying to disconnect the side of the oil line that connects to the block.  Don't want to force it out and break anything.  Anyone know how to get this part out?  Does it just pop out?

ZSHO

I found this thread,hope it helps any.  Z      http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2023.0.html       

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

pmezo33

So i ended up just replacing the banjo bolt and copper washer on the front upper line and all the leaking oil has stopped.  I also did the lower lines on front and back turbo that were covered in oil. 

I'd like to replace the banjo bolt and washer on the rear upper line, but not sure how to get to it.  Looks really tight in there and not sure how to get at it.  Anyone have any experience with this?

ZSHO

I would at this point invest in a Chiltons Manual online which ultimately can save you lots $$$$ and headaches in the long run,there are some pretty cool DIY projects included,just a thought and glad the Banjo Bolts worked out for ya.  Z   http://repair.chiltondiy.com/2010/Lincoln/MKZ/Repair-Manual-Online