• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Weep hole in CAC - issues fixed

Started by 93Cobra, January 26, 2016, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Quote from: Bklynite on January 26, 2017, 11:44:59 AM
I'll attempt to install a drain plug to the PTU.
And good write ups for that job?

Wait... a drain plug in the PTU or CAC/Intercooler? How'd we end up on PTU? LOL

DON'T attempt to drill a "weep hole" in the PTU. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Bklynite

Oh ok, I thought I could, thanks for the warning
Owe you a cold one MiWiAu & SHOdded.
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

MiWiAu

Quote from: Bklynite on January 26, 2017, 05:16:20 PM
Oh ok, I thought I could, thanks for the warning
Owe you a cold one MiWiAu & SHOdded.

If you were actually talking about a PTU drain, it might be possible. I was confused since the topic changed from CAC to PTU.

I was just saying not to drill the weeping hole in your PTU, since you want to keep oil in that. (sarcasm, LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

93Cobra

Quote from: Bklynite on January 26, 2017, 11:44:59 AM
Only time will tell if that was a bad thing to do, thanks for your inputs
I'll attempt to install a drain plug to the PTU.
And good write ups for that job?

You will be fine with tge weep hole.... I have had mine for a long time and all misfires have gone away. The weep hole is necessary since you never know when condensate will build and ne sucked up under acceleration. Sure it is nice to clean out the intercooler, but why do that? It doesn't solve the problem. The weep hole is allowing the intercooler to ALWAYS stay dry. 

93Cobra

Yes - I have not experienced the problems that I once had. The intercooler is venting out the crap before it blows out spark and misfire.

The weep hole is necessary since you never know when condensate builds. If you wait to clean it out, it's too late. The weep hole is self cleaning!

Bklynite

Just wanna add that after making that weep hole i havent had any problems either, i decided to remove the new Motorcraft coils and reinstall the ones that came with the vehicle when i started getting the Codes and sputtering i jumped on the Fl. Turnpike and opened it up to 80, 90, 110,110 mph for bout 6 miles without a hiccup and it idles and runs Just as smooth.
So far happy camper.
2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

metroplex

Where is the weep hole drilled? I didn't see any pics, so I thought I'd ask.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

FoMoCoSHO

Anybody thought about unfiltered air getting in the intake ?

I hear silica is great for engines....

http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/89/silicon-engine-oil

66 Galaxie

I'm not a fan of weep holes but as I recall Volvo did have weep holes in intercooler on the 850s, S70s and V70s
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

joe raptor

Can anyone point were to drill  the weep hole (pass or driver side)????. Thanks

ZSHO

Quote from: joe raptor on February 04, 2017, 10:34:49 AM
Can anyone point were to drill  the weep hole (pass or driver side)????. Thanks
FWIW they usually drill a hole on the bottom (driver'side)of the intercooler AFAIK. Z
I would also mention that this procedure should be attempted at your own risk (rule) may apply IMHO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Bklynite

@ joe raptor, i drilled the 1/16 hole at the very bottom of passenger sideside

joe raptor

I did jack up the front of my car and removed all the plastic trims and my CAC is encased in hard plastic !!!!!!! .I saw the a/c condenser and the radiator but the CAC is surrounded  by this hard plastic box ! and after  a good amount of time to figure out how to get to it , I gave up !!! Does anyone have encounter this situation ?? Any ideas or solution of "how to "?

Ramairetransam

what about sucking the crap out of the intercooler. i think their is some instructions for doing that online.
13 Mks Ecoboost

AJP turbo

Sounds like a fluid extractor is the way to go....maybe even use the dipstick in the charge pipe to even see if there is a reason to anything drastic
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress