• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Weep hole in CAC - issues fixed

Started by 93Cobra, January 26, 2016, 12:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93Cobra

After all the issues I have had, I drilled the weep hole in the CAC. Got a ton of oil and water out of it, and have been driving it pretty hard since to clean it out. Drivability issue is gone and it definitely 'feels' stronger. I am glad that I did this.

SHOdded

Did you install a plug or leave it open?  Keep us updated ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

93Cobra

BlueSHO

Quote from: 93Cobra on January 26, 2016, 12:13:53 PM
After all the issues I have had, I drilled the weep hole in the CAC. Got a ton of oil and water out of it, and have been driving it pretty hard since to clean it out. Drivability issue is gone and it definitely 'feels' stronger. I am glad that I did this.

Do you have a picture where you did this?
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

93Cobra

I didn't get a picture while I was in there, but will try to get somethings for you. I was amazed at how much it puked out.

BlueSHO

Quote from: 93Cobra on January 26, 2016, 01:28:44 PM
I didn't get a picture while I was in there, but will try to get somethings for you. I was amazed at how much it puked out.
Thanks. This mod is new to me

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

glock-coma

Quote from: 93Cobra on January 26, 2016, 12:36:43 PM
It's open.
So where does all this fluid leak out.
Does it just blow out onto the lower splash deflector and under the car ?
I imagine this would make a mess of the subframe and lower engine.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

AJP turbo

Quote from: glock-coma on January 26, 2016, 02:54:52 PM

Quote from: 93Cobra on January 26, 2016, 12:36:43 PM
It's open.
So where does all this fluid leak out.
Does it just blow out onto the lower splash deflector and under the car ?
I imagine this would make a mess of the subframe and lower engine.

Who cares if it makes a mess...automatic rust protection...and boost leaks are cool lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

makoskey

Why would you create a boost leak to fix an issue with fluid buildup?

This is by far the dumbest thing i have heard to give an idea to a regular Joe who knows little about forced induction engines.
2013 SHO
Livernois DPs, 91 octane V8 tune 160tstat
Magnaflow CB

CroR1

Why not attach a catch can, under that hole, to keep the system leak free, and for easier maintenance. Or  simply put a plug.

ZSHO

I would just simply add a Drain plug,the same as the Radiator has.  Z           http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/taurus/foaz8115a/2013-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/cooling-system-cat/radiator-and-components-scat/?part_name=radiator-drain-plug   Great to hear you finally resolved your issues thats what counts.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

Vortech347

Why in the hell would you drill a hole in your intercooler? You're now venting out un measured air and causing a vacuum leak.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

AJP turbo

Quote from: Vortech347 on January 27, 2016, 12:01:24 PM
Why in the hell would you drill a hole in your intercooler? You're now venting out un measured air and causing a vacuum leak.

The air hasn't been metered at that point...Not a vacuum leak but a boost leak. Luckily for the fools who do this,  the car meters the air via the MAP sensor for primary fueling...It's the only reason this mod works without throwing things out of whack.....No holes in my pressurized system though.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

makoskey

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 27, 2016, 12:09:56 PM
Quote from: Vortech347 on January 27, 2016, 12:01:24 PM

The air hasn't been metered at that point...Not a vacuum leak but a boost leak. Luckily for the fools who do this,  the car meters the air via the MAP sensor for primary fueling...It's the only reason this mod works without throwing things out of whack.....No holes in my pressurized system though.

I do realize that but even a 1/4 inch hole AFTER the air filter and at the lowest part of the inter-cooler you are just asking for trouble. @ 10K in dusty situations or in high water area and that little weep hole will destroy your engine.

People that do this need to realize that just drilling a hole on the lower part of the inter-cooler is not a very bright idea.
2013 SHO
Livernois DPs, 91 octane V8 tune 160tstat
Magnaflow CB