• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Factory rear camera install in car built with the dash display but no camera

Started by jimmyducati, January 22, 2016, 07:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

My SHO was built with the in dash display but does not have the rear camera option, just a cheap piece of plastic under the spoiler where the camera usually is. Does anyone know if I only need to buy the factory camera to install or will I need to run the wiring harness from the trunk all the way to the dash?
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

jtoddk98

Didn't know that was possible. I though the SHO came standard with a backup cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

jimmyducati

I must have the only one.. I may just take out all of the trunk carpeting to look for a camera wiring harness.. Anyone have a picture of what I may be looking for harness wise?

ZSHO

I will need to look for ya but are there any kind of camera settings on the screen,also did you try removing that cheap plastic by the spoiler to see whats inside there and try removing the carpet inside the trunk to check for a harness connector,those wires should lead to the BCM on the drivers side trunk area,here's the link for the camera.  Z     http://www.tascaparts.com/ford/taurus/ag1z19g490b/2010-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/electrical-cat/electrical-components-scat/?part_name=rear-camera

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 22, 2016, 07:10:21 PM
My SHO was built with the in dash display but does not have the rear camera option, just a cheap piece of plastic under the spoiler where the camera usually is. Does anyone know if I only need to buy the factory camera to install or will I need to run the wiring harness from the trunk all the way to the dash?
Have you looked at your build sheet?

Cars do come from the factory with missing or incorrect options from time to time.

jimmyducati

Just checked the window sticker and build sheet, no mention of a camera.. It has everything but PP and backup camera.

The carpet in the trunk on the inside of the lid is really on there good, I'll have to wait til I'm at home and have my tools to get it off and check for a harness.

No selections that I have ever found on sync that looks like it controls a camera.. Although I have never looked specifically for camera functions there

jtoddk98

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

CL Donttry

I would take it to the dealer I'm pretty sure that all SHO's came standard with backup camera? Are you the original owner, maybe the previous owner either took it out and/or in accident?
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

-MANU think it says (if equipped)both on the Owners manuel and brochure.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

pg 20 of the brochure under LIMITED & SHO trim show the Rear View camera as standard.  The Owner's Manual covers all trims, so they have to say IF EQUIPPED, which I find is kinda bogus for the owner.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 23, 2016, 06:56:44 AM
pg 20 of the brochure under LIMITED & SHO trim show the Rear View camera as standard.  The Owner's Manual covers all trims, so they have to say IF EQUIPPED, which I find is kinda bogus for the owner.
You are correct because your da man,also the reverse sensing system came standard on the Limited only!! Btw getting hit by this storm at the moment,need to get some coffee so lets see how she does in the snow.lol  Z    :)

ZSHO

Here's the link for the harness for the back up camera if not supplied,also you will need to have it reprogrammed and calibrated at the dealer with IDS software in order for the guidelines to function properly while the vehicle is moving in reverse.  Z        http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3422097&cc=1445050&jnid=608&jpid=0                     
       FORD    2010    TAURUS    3.5L V6 Turbocharged    Electrical-Connector    Back Up Camera Connector
Price
MOTORCRAFT WPT1130 {#AU2Z14S411BNA}  Info
Leads: 8 (Only 3 Remaining)
$26.79        http://www.rockauto.com/

ZSHO

I just wanted to give an update and unfortunetly some models did not come with a rear camera that particular year,in order to add a camera its followed by a hefty price tag,not sure if its quite worth it.  Z         http://www.emeraldintegrations.com/ford-taurus-oem-rear-view-backup-camera-system.html

jimmyducati

ZSHO, the owners manual for the 2010 SHO specifically lists the back up camera as standard equipment... The website you listed just says it was an option on some models. I called the dealer I bought the car from and they suggested that I call back when service is open and ask to speak with the service manager. He didn't think it was a far fetched idea at all that the dealer might install the camera at no charge, "standard equipment is standard equipment" he said. Its obvious that this was a mistake on the assembly line, so with any luck I can get them to put it in for free! If not, ill just put it in myself and go to rock auto for parts.