• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What price should I go with?

Started by Shonuff1140, January 17, 2016, 09:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

I will most likely be selling my 2011 PP SHO with just under 40K miles. I have a Corsa Exhaust, TSW Nurberings with a 5th spare, full legal Ceramic window tint with front, clear, Air blue 80 heat rejection film, K&N, Weathertech matts, and the car is Tuxedo Black Metallic, with Mobsteel grills. Its never been hit, and only minor chips that would be present in 40K mile car. I am the original owner, and the car is loaded with the performance Pack, and the car has never been tuned, and I have all maintenance records. I would like to get 20k, as the local dealership here said that they could give me 15K, and the dealer is usually the lowest. So, I was planning on a 7 day auction around tax time (now) and setting the reserve at 17, does anyone think I'll be far off from getting 20?

markssho

I used the new AutoNation buy service (bottom of their website). They were $3k higher than my CarMax offer, and $1,500 more than the dealer offer. Was a very simple process to sell them my van.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

CL Donttry

That price in HI isn't bad but no dealer is going to give you that price and the mods they don't care about until they sell. They are going to look at the blue book value and make that offer. But I think you could get at least 17K for it minimum from private sale which are typically lower because of the inherent risk the buyer is taking.  My 2 cents.
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

mval

it's really sad ford has done such a poor job merchandising the sho & it shows in the resale value. but we served their purpose perfectly make sure engine & drivetrain was ready for the f150. 4 door sport sedans just don't seem to be doing well, a real niche market. chevy ss, have only seen a couple & that was at the strip & live in a big town. charger's still selling pretty good, but a lot of it is for leo's, but architecture is ancient & had trouble with it's awd in r/t & above
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Blackhawk

Local market has a big impact on car prices and that probably goes for Hawaii even more so.  I think you should be able to get atleast 17k private party though but it always takes longer to sell that way.  The mods will actually be a negative for a good portion of your buyers unfortunately.

SHOnUup

Would you want to sell that Mobsteel grille by any chance before the sale?

Good luck with the sale too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Shonuff1140

It would be a nightmare to sell the mobsteel grill as it was a pain in the butt to put on and I got rid of the stocker. I'm in the Army so I actually just moved from HI to Columbia, sc. I have it up on ebay now to see what she gets

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Taurus-SHO-/252256308043?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3abba5cb4b:g:m~YAAOSwq

peppelepugh

If I would have known you were down there I'd made an offer to trade some stock 19's for your Nurberings!!!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

USMCSHO341

What are the measurements of those rims? I want to get a set for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shonuff1140

Stock SHO size I believe 20x8 Discount tire can confirm.

CroR1

Hey OP, seen the car on ebay and it looks nice. I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it. Anyhow, I am curious about that cellphone air vent holder, what brand and how do you like it? would you recommend it? can you post some pics of it as well, or a link?

I have been looking for one, and ebay has many options, but not sure what to look for. I do not want one with a suction cup. So the question, what is everyone else rocking for a cellphone air vent holder.