• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Race & Performance Expo - Schaumburg, IL. Feb. 20th/21st, 2016....

Started by bpd1151, January 14, 2016, 01:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Hello to all my fellow Taurus SHO enthusiasts.

I wanted to post information on a very large show coming up, that's representative of not only the Midwest Region itself, but more so representative of an expansive amount of aftermarket suppliers, vendors, and industry insiders alike that are lined up to exhibit.

The title of the show is:  "Race & Performance Expo"

The show is being indoors at:  Renaissance Convention Center, 1551 Thoreau Drive, Schaumburg, IL. 60173

Additional details can be found here:  http://www.raceperformanceexpo.com/

I was honored back in December of 2015, to have been invited to exhibit my multiple award winning, record setting / holding, heavily modified 2010 Ford Taurus SHO at this event.

This is the 1st time I have ever been invited to exhibit at this event, and I will be displaying with one of the show's top promoters, a company called Winner's Circle.  More info on them can be found here:  www.winnerscircle.com

So look for me to be somewhere around that particular company.

I just completed all of my official registration paperwork, submitted my order for electric service, and am arranging for at least one model, if not more / multiple models,  to attend and be available for pictures, etc.

I know some of you who live in the general Midwest area have seen my SHO in person, and have expressed accolades accordingly (thank you very much) but like I said, this is so much more of an event, as there are a wealth of vendors, their products, and more importantly, industry insiders to network with.

I've previously attended this event, but only as a spectator, and because the show has grown exponentially over the years, they needed to source a larger venue to house all of the exhibitor's respectively.

Previously, this event was held at a facility called Pheasant Run Inn, which is/was located in St. Charles, IL.

But please consider coming out for at least one of the days that weekend, and I hope to see some of you there!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Website updated, to include images of my whip in the "cars to appear" section near the bottom.

Floor plan now added, and my assigned show floor location is displayed in the red section, directly across from "Hot Rodders of Tomorrow" section.

Floor plan also provides those desiring to attend, a glimpse at the vast amount of vendors in attendance.

Like I said in my OP, a huge HUGE event!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Super SHO!  Love the multiple feature pics on the website! Wish I could go.  Best of luck to you.... Looking forward to pics with your models. "SHO" 'em how it's done Mike!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

CL Donttry

I live in Milwaukee and I may go to this show just to see your SHO!
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

bpd1151

Quite flattering,  but there'll be equally impressive other rides on display, seminars, & a myriad of vendors, also  very worthy of your attention.

A great show from beginning to end. I'm sure you'll enjoy all aspects of it. Seriously.

CL Donttry

All I know is if we ever meet with our SHO"s and I can talk you into letting me take it for a ride you'd never see it again because I'd steal it. You have one sweet ride and I want it!
Dbad1
2012 Taurus SHO modified, K&N CAI,3bar,LMS thermostat, NGK gapped plugs, Unleased DP, LMS Thunderstorm Cat back,LMS 4 plus tune, EBC slotted cross drilled rotors, MGP caliper covers, SHO hood graphics, Chrome grill inserts, Continential Purecontact tires
2010 BMW 528 Xdrive
2015 GMC Sierra SLE

bpd1151

Quote from: CL Donttry on January 26, 2016, 10:10:21 PMAll I know is if we ever meet with our SHO"s and I can talk you into letting me take it for a ride you'd never see it again because I'd steal it. You have one sweet ride and I want it!

Given my profession, I wouldn't count on getting very far with my SHO.

Lol..... but thank you for the compliments.

It's a blast to drive, each and every literal time.

Hope to see 'ya make it down for the event.

bamsho

Hell I haven't even gotten a ride in the car yet.  I had to haul his butt around at convention, but seriously yes if you can, stop and see the car.  Pictures don't do it justice.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHO_Enuff

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on January 27, 2016, 12:42:02 PM
Hell I haven't even gotten a ride in the car yet. 

I had to haul his butt around at convention, but seriously yes if you can, stop and see the car. 

Pictures don't do it justice.

Well Brian, you didn't HAVE TO (haul my butt around).... but it was tremendously appreciated.

I mean hell, I wouldn't been able to have won (the 1st ever in the 24 year, annual National SHO Convention's history) the top, 'BEST OF SHOW' award in BOTH the JUDGED and POPULAR vote(s) categories.....

So I owe a big thank you, to you, for helping me keep my SHO in it's pristine, meticulous condition.

@SHO_Enuff..... I look forward to seeing you there.

Be sure to click on the "floor plan" tab of the show's website's main page, to see where my assigned show floor positioning is, relative to all the other vendor's.

Speaking of vendor's, this show has become so huge, that they have been now turning away vendors due to be over capacity now. Crazy stuff.

So yes, although Brian's correct, my SHO does present itself so much better in person, I'll remind you, and others considering attending this event, this is much more than just see my SHO there.....

Between the vendors, the seminars, training sessions, engine teardown and rebuild competitions, swap meet, etc. it's truly an event of epic proportions!

bamsho

You know I still love you.  Plus it was easier too, since we were all going to the same places.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on February 03, 2016, 03:08:59 AM
You know I still love you.  Plus it was easier too, since we were all going to the same places.
LOL.   Z                             

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

A few pre-show shenanigan's, as well as pre-show images located in this album here:

http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/library/Race%20Performance%20Expo%20Chicago%202016

Enjoy! It's looking like it's gonna be a fantastic weekend, weather wise and attendance wise.

Have been hearing the event broadcast on various FM Radio media outlets in the last two weeks or so......

Lot of outstanding vendors to network with.

I'm in a prime spot, main aisle, booth #'s 1135 & 1137 respectively. The engine build contests are across the aisle from me..... super way cool.

More pics forthcoming..... off to bed for me, as I've been burning the candle on both ends. Ugh..... zzzzzz zzzzzz

mval

mike:
nice pics & sho is looking right at home with the big hitters can't wait till models show up & brian loved your car so much he went and got a white one too. & he's 100% right pics don't do it justice. i think the vote might have been unanimous for best in show & am i glad as the judges moved it out of the modded group so some of the rest of us had a chance  & looks like the show is going to be a blast!!!!!       
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen