• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Block heater cord location 2015 taurus sho

Started by SHOhobo, January 09, 2016, 07:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOhobo

Cannot find the block heater cord on my 2015 SHO....any clues?...none offered in the owners manual.....block heater was listed on the invoice and window sticker...any advice or knowledge appreciated.....nevermind I found it....tried to remove this post but it was not allowed.  Not sure why Ford does not show where this cord is located and how to use it because if you do not clip it back in after use sure looks like it could get caught up in the fan it is located near....yikes.
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

SHOdded

Can you post a pic of the block heater location?  Would be a big help to others, I am sure!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOhobo

It is round and has 2 clips and is located to the right towards the front of the underhood area by the coolant hose and the airbox....u unclip it and let it hang out....guessing that u do not close hood completely but just to where it locks...don't slam it shut....be sure that after u unplug it BEFORE STARTING THE VEHICLE that u clip it back in both clips or else it will most likely interfere with the fan that is underneath it if it is left to flop around.

I couldn't attach the picture as it was not allowed...either too large or it took too long acording to the pop up I got from this forum....any suggestions on how to get it to post?

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

SHOdded

Upload to a site like Flickr or Photobucket or SHOspeed etc, and use the direct link to paste into your post here.  Even file attachments on here are limited to 2 MB, so a hosting site is the best option.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOhobo

Here it is...1 degree this morning....the SHO has a warm engine anyway