• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

All Sorts of Frustrating Problems - SHO's on the Naughty List

Started by 14SHOCAR, December 12, 2015, 01:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

My SHO isn't happy at the moment, not really sure what I did to make her upset but here we go:

1. Windshield wiper fluid is not coming out. Must have happened recently because I feel as if I just used it. Yes the fluid is full ( I thought I was out ), no I didn't check the fuse, no I do not hear the pump running when I push the button at the bottom of the turn signal.

Where is the fuse panel? Engine Bay? Under the steering wheel?

2. My airbag light stayed on while I was driving yesterday with my girlfriend. I even got to a stop light, stopped my car, restarted my car, and the airbag light stayed on. Not entirely sure what this is all about.....

3. When I pulled the DTCs from the car I got:

U3000 - Steering Angle Position Sensor, I've had this a few times now on the car

C1b00 - HD Radio stuff -- I've had this too..
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

bpd1151

It's pretty common for that craptastic little pump to go out on the windshield washer reservoir.

It's a fairly easy swap that you can DIY. Just order the part & be done with it.

Not sure on the other issues you presented. Hopefully others will chime in for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Did you update the sync recently?? If so the airbag could be related to that and other issues,check fuse number 33 -10amp fuse and number 4-30amp fuse inside the engine bay,also do you have a OBD adapter plugged in the port?? that can also cause a host of issues if left plugged.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Might also try reloading your tune....when i flash i dont touch anything until my sync finishes its reboot screen....a few time my hvac controls and buttons on the touchscreen and lower panel wont work...i have to program the ecu again

Body controls i think can go wonky if they are disrupted during the self checks and programming
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Definitely try reloading the tune first to see if the codes go away.  If not, disconnect the battery for 30 min+, reconnect and check again.  If there actually IS a steering angle sensor issue, that I believe would be in the steering column.  If there IS an HD radio issue, this TSB might apply (recalibration needed):
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3836.msg79043.html#msg79043
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

The fuse panel is an ***hole to get to.  It is literally all the way up inside the dash under the steering column.  Get read to do the crab. 
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ecoboostsho

Quote from: ajpturbo on December 12, 2015, 02:22:17 PM
Might also try reloading your tune....when i flash i dont touch anything until my sync finishes its reboot screen....a few time my hvac controls and buttons on the touchscreen and lower panel wont work...i have to program the ecu again

Body controls i think can go wonky if they are disrupted during the self checks and programming
This has happened to me twice now as well. No HVAC controls after a flash. Disconnecting the battery has fixed it for me if you don't want to flash it again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

AJP turbo

Quote from: ecoboostsho on December 12, 2015, 07:19:25 PM

Quote from: ajpturbo on December 12, 2015, 02:22:17 PM

This has happened to me twice now as well. No HVAC controls after a flash. Disconnecting the battery has fixed it for me if you don't want to flash it again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok cool...glad to know its not just mine
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Interesting that the same glitch occurs over 2 different tuning platforms.

When I flash the only weirdness so far has been the windshield wipers turning on while it writes.

92BlackGT

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 12, 2015, 08:04:16 PM
When I flash the only weirdness so far has been the windshield wipers turning on while it writes.

that happens to me only when I flash to the canned 91 tune from Torrie. His custom tunes don't do that... weird
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Vortech347

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 12, 2015, 08:04:16 PM
Interesting that the same glitch occurs over 2 different tuning platforms.

LOL mine did that last night too for the first time.  I was like what the hell........
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

jmr061

If you need a washer fluid pump I have a new one I can get down to you.  As BPD said very easy to replace and they do tend to go bad.  They get crap in them.  You can take it out (have something to catch your washer fluid) and beat the rust out of it (yes been there done that) and it will probably work again.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14SHOCAR

What's going on all... I'm curious if the fluid selection creates the rust / failure issue. I do use some of the special bug / deicer fluid from time to time, which would make me wonder if it has to do with the fluid selection.

Besides that, I checked all of the fuses and they all look good. The wipers always work, and the pump doesn't even activate or hum, which to me tells me its dead or has a bad connection. I'll be digging more tonight and might pick up a pump at rock auto. The motorcraft pump is 19 ish on rockauto so its worth having a spare.

JMR, if you are going to be in the area, I'll never turn down a part, but I figure I need to get this part ordered and fixed before it snows in Wisconsin.  Last, I think we still need to connect for Nav.

Also, my wipers always have activated on a flash, even when I had my wipers in the off position (versus auto).
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust