• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

U-Plug Generator WTF!?!

Started by Scott4957, December 11, 2015, 08:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STownes

Gary,

I don't have any website, you would have to ask him for the spec's.

I also saw the Hobart welder in his video, how much power does it take to run it?

Sabtaj1

Got my bowl of popcorn.  Waiting to see this episode of "Shark Tank". ;-)
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

Scott4957

Well, with the picture and your explanation I do believe that much, I knew the search engines couldn't have crawled the site that fast that someone found it and posted for nefarious reasons. I think if you have any idea what this guy is claiming you would understand why anyone would be skeptical until they seen it for themselves. I'll reach out to him, can I give him your name as a reference? If I am up his way "sounds like Chicago" I will want to see this for myself.

*edit* Turns out Tim lives only an hour from me. I shot him an email. If he gives me the opportunity to see one or more of these in action I am going to take him up on it. I found his address and did confirm he has a greenhouse on his property. I still think there may be a chance I will get abducted by aliens while I am there :)

Scott
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

AJP turbo

Give me a break already with this dumb s*** lol...people posting about some guy refunding money...like the company wants to use Stownes to broadcast that someone is getting their money back so it seems legit

The infomercial was a complete joke i thought and looked 100% scam
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOnUup

Thread should be killed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Scott4957

I met Tim, he did not have the generator with him though I was told he would. I saw some parts. He said he had been on a flight back to St. Louis and they lost his luggage but still wanted to meet so he could talk to me about it. He wanted to meet again when he had one avaliable. Both posters made their accounts the same day and it was their first post. You can come to your own conclusion. If a board admin would like to contact me I would appreciate it. I agree, shut down the thread.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

I knew it...if ur gonna make a vid and accept money you better be prepared to show a product...sorry to say but if anyone gives them money and gets robbed i would have no sympathy and laugh in your face....i work with a guy that gave 3200 dollars to a girl in africa to come see him...she didnt and i laughed in his face lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Scott4957

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 01, 2016, 10:51:45 PM
I knew it...if ur gonna make a vid and accept money you better be prepared...so to say but if anyone gives them money and gets robbed i would have no sympathy and laugh in your face....i work with a guy that gave 3200 dollars to a girl in africa to come see him...she didnt and i laughed in his face lol
3200 goes a long way in the club LOL

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk