• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New TSW wheels and tires on my Flex. Pics inside.........

Started by Sabtaj1, November 19, 2015, 12:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian.t.flynn.9

What tires did you going with? I'm going to go with the 275/40R20's all around...as soon as the bank (my wife) releases the funds.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

Can you fit the x10 in the front? for track purposes possibly.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Sabtaj1

I did not even try the 10" up front.  I don't think that would fly.  Atleast with the offset I am running on the 10s.  As for tires.  I went pretty cheap on these.  If you plane to do the 275/40 all around then I would go Cooper RS3-S. Great reviews, only tip the scales at 28lbs each and $167 a tire through treaddepot.com. That site has great deals on wheels n tires. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

Chris_Flex

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on November 19, 2015, 12:55:47 PM
So I recently purchased new wheels and tires. I know I'll probably have some people frown upon what I went with. But I'm happy with my decision. The wheels:
TSW Mugello
Front-  20x8.5    35mm
Rear-    20x10     42mm

Now we get to the tire selection.....  This is why some will love and hate.  This is what I wanted to do and thought it would work so I took a shot and it worked better than I hoped.
Front-     275/40-20
Rear-      315/35-20

Does not rub anywhere.  Rides and drives great. And to me....   I think it look tough as sh*t..... YAY!!!!!!!!! 

I just picked up 20x9 20x10 for my Flex thinking about getting the same size tires any regrets? Are you still running them and like that wide of the tire in the rear?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Sabtaj1

I would be running them but sold them to help with the cost of replacing the engine since I blew er up.  I would go right back to the same set up I was running.  Had zero issues at all and looked tough
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/