• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

octane ratio going from -1.0 to -.75

Started by staged_sho, November 18, 2015, 10:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on November 18, 2015, 07:07:09 PM
This is off subject, but I am curious to how normal my KR readings are, and what you guys think? Stock on 93, and using aeroforce gauges, I see spikes of KR sometimes around -4.75, but mostly low up to -2. and most of the time it does sit at 0 at idle and while driving. I have not tried the readings with 87, 89, or 91.
Completely normal. And I think it's nearly impossible to get rid of KR on the stock tune.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 18, 2015, 08:38:46 PM
Just remember KR isn't actual knock.

With ACES and 20% E85 I usually only see -.8 of KR, it typically shows up on lift decel events.

The last log had some actual knock(1.25-1.75), I probably shouldn't have logged because the car hadn't acted right since the d-ship trip. Fuel trims were wonky even though the exact same fuel was in the car. Shifting didn't feel right. I was surprised when I saw the knock because up to this point, there was zero for entire WOT pulls including 4 at the track with some pretty high AFRs on one run. When i mentioned it to AJP he reminded me about KAM reset. Today the car is back to normal, trims are dialed in and max KR of -.8 It took 5 days for the car to right itself after the VCT solenoid replacement.

I do get spikes on WOT downshifts. I'm pretty sure it's tranny noise and since Torrie made an adjustment it's much better, but not gone.

DX- Are you talking about during the actual lift event or are you seeing active KR as the car slows?

I guess you could call it a little of both. More during lift event. When car is slowing everything has corrected itself. Again only a split second as in time for fuel trims etc to match the command. Imagine a WOT pull. Then as you pull foot completely from pedal. From the time your foot comes off pedal to the time the pedal hits its stop, EVERYTHING back to normal.

If OP (not Ron Howard) says his car is sitting on the positive (high) KR numbers then something else is going on with his car and/or his tune! Try reflashing the tune. Helps to clear up certain glitches the appear from time to time.

The KR is measuring noise NOT actual knock. Someone AND LMS confirmed with these tunes, the dcm is ALWAYS hunting to add more power up to its mapping limits. Then retards timing if needed. So there will always be some incidental noise/knock. The spikes that we are seeing appear normal to me.

AFR always 13.9 - 14.7 except when decelerating.

Lambda always at 1

But why are you only seeing -.8 on KR? Would that indicate your car is at edge of tune and can longer "fish" for more power.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on November 18, 2015, 09:31:17 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 18, 2015, 08:38:46 PM
Just remember KR isn't actual knock.

With ACES and 20% E85 I usually only see -.8 of KR, it typically shows up on lift decel events.

The last log had some actual knock(1.25-1.75), I probably shouldn't have logged because the car hadn't acted right since the d-ship trip. Fuel trims were wonky even though the exact same fuel was in the car. Shifting didn't feel right. I was surprised when I saw the knock because up to this point, there was zero for entire WOT pulls including 4 at the track with some pretty high AFRs on one run. When i mentioned it to AJP he reminded me about KAM reset. Today the car is back to normal, trims are dialed in and max KR of -.8 It took 5 days for the car to right itself after the VCT solenoid replacement.

I do get spikes on WOT downshifts. I'm pretty sure it's tranny noise and since Torrie made an adjustment it's much better, but not gone.

DX- Are you talking about during the actual lift event or are you seeing active KR as the car slows?

I guess you could call it a little of both. More during lift event. When car is slowing everything has corrected itself. Again only a split second as in time for fuel trims etc to match the command. Imagine a WOT pull. Then as you pull foot completely from pedal. From the time your foot comes off pedal to the time the pedal hits its stop, EVERYTHING back to normal.

If OP (not Ron Howard) says his car is sitting on the positive (high) KR numbers then something else is going on with his car and/or his tune! Try reflashing the tune. Helps to clear up certain glitches the appear from time to time.

The KR is measuring noise NOT actual knock. Someone AND LMS confirmed with these tunes, the dcm is ALWAYS hunting to add more power up to its mapping limits. Then retards timing if needed. So there will always be some incidental noise/knock. The spikes that we are seeing appear normal to me.

AFR always 13.9 - 14.7 except when decelerating.

Lambda always at 1

But why are you only seeing -.8 on KR? Would that indicate your car is at edge of tune and can longer "fish" for more power.
I will let Torrie answer that question...

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/27-unleashed-tuning/11220-torrie-can-you-please-explain-knock-retard.html

Post # 4