• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Catback install on Ramps

Started by Blackhawk, January 08, 2016, 10:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackhawk

Hello,
  I am looking at swapping catbacks with another local member but neither of us have access to a lift.  How much of a pain would it to do the install with a set of ramps?  The weather is definitely not optimal in Chicago right now but if we caught a nice day I was considering doing it in the driveway.  Alternatively if any of you Chicago guys could recommend a place in the suburbs that would give a fair price that would work as well.

Thanks!

ZSHO

I would consider doing it on a lift due to the cold weather,had my Corsa cat back done a while back at a buddy's shop which took less than an hour and charged me 100.00 for the install,but on a warmer day it can be done on jacks,best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

I did mine with a set of jack stands. it wasn't the BEST situation, but it worked for sure.  If you do plan on going this route and don't have a pneumatic wrench... get one of these with some 1/2" extenders and 1/2" swivel joints.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-1-2-in-Cordless-High-Torque-Impact-Wrench-with-Friction-Ring-Tool-Only-2663-20/202196562

2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOdded

That's one way to earn some street cred, peppe!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!