• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Down!

Started by Adam, November 14, 2015, 11:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Sorry for being off for a moment.  I was at SEMA and then this.  I took my car to the shop as the key fob was falling apart.  Did it a few times while in my pocket.  Ford said to bring in both keys so they could program a new one.  Well, the 'nice staff' at the local shop decided to run my clean car through their car wash.  Must be second nature to the porters there.  I get in my car and go.  Went to grab some gas up the road and notice my fender heat extractor was missing.  I was like s***, it blew off somewhere.  Then looked and noticed every 5-6" down the car was a dent and every inch past that was missing paint from the front door to the end of the back door (come to find out another brush does the work on the back portion of their cars.

I race back over to the dealer.  I could see this not going well "You did not notice, and you left the lot, not our fault" believe me I have been there once before with a set of rear tires and caked up tread upon pickup with steel belting showing.  They started to say it was not their fault at which point I showed them both a picture of and the actually soapy SHO side fender piece.  I guess it got caught behind one of the bristles and was torn from the car.  At first they were still trying to find a way to say it might not have been their fault.  I said lets look over at that new King Ranch F150 that is sitting wet ready for the new owner to pick it up.  They said ok.  BAM damage down the entire passenger side.  They said 3 others went through.  But would not tell me who, which I guess is a way for them to deny any other cars damage unless spotted at pick up.

I am not a fan of dealers.  I try and blow the warranty out of the water when I buy a new car so that I don't have to deal with the aggravation of taking it to the shops.  And for some reason if I forget to, I deal with this kind of crap.  Had I called first they would have removed it from their wash bay and I would have an insurance claim, yeah its that much damage.  They think they will have to repaint the entire passenger side of the car to match everything back up.  Not sure on new door skins or dent removal. 

I have yet to find a dealer I like, I mean I really like.  The Jag dealer is nice, but that is a different story.  They would eat a dent repair just to keep you happy.  In fact, my wife got the lower front bumper on a parking spot and they sanded it, cleaned it, and repainted it feathering it in.  I took a bunch of pictures, but I do 6 different wax coats and the pictures just look like nice shiny black paint.  Dents don't show well either but there are 9 right at the crease of the door, and a little below on like every 3rd.  The last knock to a chunk out of my rear door handle even.  Told me I should have it back by the end of the month.  Put me in a smoked in used trade in Explorer Limited.  I don't smoke.  Glad to have a loaner, but that is crappy all around.

panther427

I would be calling ford on this one.
2013 SHO

Adam

Ford says.  "Sorry for your inconvenience, each location is individually owned and operated.  They can choose to deny service for any reason".  To which I said, you are reading from a prompter as this did not pertain to my issues.  They said, "Sorry sir, would you like me to email you your warranty coverage"  Again did not help.  That was the biggest waste of time over anything.

SHOdded

Really sorry to hear about the damage to your SHO, Adam, esp. after all the nice upgrades you've done to it!  You can definitely file a complaint against the dealership with Ford, I am not sure what remedy beyond that that Ford can provide though.  We usually file those with our Ford CSR on the Edge forum, I can ask who you can contact/Email directly if you wish.  LMK.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Your issue is a dealer issue. NOT a Ford issue. The factory owns very few dealerships nowadays. Therefore, you are at their mercy.

The dear is paying for repairs, you are lucky they are giving you a loaner without a lot more arguing. Typically they do it when warranty work and they can bill for. You talking maybe $1000 in paint and damage for repairs to your car. Then maybe $30 per day for loaner car times 14 days. If you multiply that by the number cars damaged and those you warned about the issue, that dealer stands to lose $10,000 from 2-3 cars from its own pocket and no one to bill for it.

But like you I wouldn't care who they had to bill, just fix mine! Sometimes the threat and/or follow through with a nice free ad in penny sayer, craigslist, the recycler or any other free newspaper type distribution, the dealership will cringe at the thought of you going public with this. Especially if you have pix and of other cars that were damaged.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

PokerMunkee

Wow, that would make me want to sell my SHO and buy another brand.

What dealer was it?  You need to get ahold of the owner/GM and let them know how it was handled and what a POFS car wash they have.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

I hope you get the situation quickly and accurately remedied Adam,that person needs to be scolded for his reprehensible actions,not sure why they dont put there camera's to good use woudnt you think!!!!.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Adam

My question is, how could you not know?  I mean the fabric bristles may make some noise on the car, but it should never sound like BANG BANG BANG in the car wash, and then to do it to more cars.  Someone I am sure is getting an ear full at least on the dealer to staff level. 

On a side note it is a company called C. Harper in Belle Vernon PA outside of Pittsburgh.  It is great that they got me into a car quickly after telling me to hang on to the car until they could make time in the body shop. I said I will not because i don't want you to say any damage was after the fact, or brush me off and say I came in 2 weeks later complaining about the problem having never made the accusation before (honestly, I know how most of the shops run around here) and should have noticed something like that much sooner.

They are a big dealer.  The Steelers do their commercials and ads for them.  Hell, they have an Enterprise on their lot, but since it would have been their expense, they put me in a car so smoked in, it will not have a second owner.  I have lysol'ed the ever living crap out of it, left the windows open as often as possible...  And it is bearable now.  In fact I might be the reason they can sell the damn thing when I get my car back, having fumigated it for a few weeks.

CroR1

on the other hand, one reason why i second question buying an extended warranty. In my experience, it's always you'll pay for it unless the manufacturer agrees to cover the issue. So I try not to even bother with dealers.